Apply on Company Website
Finance, Computers & Information Technology
Quantlab is a dynamic, technology-driven firm supporting a large-scale quantitative trading operation across a wide range of global financial markets. Founded in 1998, Quantlab is an established presence in quantitative investment management with a track record of consistent profitability under varying market conditions.
We are seeking a Sr. Network Engineer to support our growing enterprise infrastructure. Experienced individuals seeking an opportunity to implement and optimize technology solutions will find this a challenging and rewarding role.
- Research and test cutting edge products, services, protocols, and standards
- Design and deliver high-performance networking solutions
- Implement and support infrastructure solutions in a highly complex environment
- Become a leading expert on key technologies and mentor colleagues on new solutions
- Maintain certifications and expertise by attending conferences, trade shows, and technology training
- Work closely with all teams in technology on projects of all scopes, including complex and cross-functional efforts
- Take ownership of infrastructure projects from design to documentation and delivery
- Expert knowledge of various routing protocols (OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, ISIS, RIPv2) in a mixed environment
- Experience designing and deploying high-performance, low-latency networks with complex multicast requirements
- Architectural experience of LAN and WAN technologies with a detailed understanding of network and systems integration
- Knowledge of and experience with multiple switch and router vendors
- Industry recognized certification such as CCNP/CCIE, JNCIS/JNCIP/JNCIE, ACE
- Due to the nature of the position, must be able to lift 50 lbs. over head.
- Due to the 24x7 operations of the facility, must be able to work flexible work schedule, may include nights, weekends, holidays, etc.
- Travel may be required (5-10%)
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree strongly preferred
- Experience with the implementation and management of MPLS on a private network preferred
- In-depth knowledge of the design and deployment considerations for precision timing technologies such as IEEE 1588
- Architectural and deployment exposure to Dark Fiber (DWDM, CWDM, Single wavelength) for metropolitan and wide-area networks.
- Performance analysis and optimization
- Traffic engineering knowledge and experience helpful
Quantlab Financial is a very successful proprietary trading firm (similar to a hedge fund, but no outside investors, so we are much more stable), established 15 years ago, and we invest heavily in the latest technologies, seeking to optimize performance and minimize latency throughout our trading systems. Quantlab is a dynamic, technology-driven firm supporting a large-scale quantitative trading operation across a wide range of global financial markets. Founded in 1998, Quantlab is an established presence in quantitative investment management with a track record of consistent profitability under varying market conditions. We offers a top-notch compensation package -- including an aggressive pay-for-performance bonus program, generous medical and paid time off benefits, relocation subsidies that may be cashed-out and an informal, small-company work environment.
Why Quantlab Financial is a great place to work:
• Technology and Scientific Research are key to our success. We attract talented people who bring novel solutions to trading, from quantitative modeling employing high performance computing to sophisticated programming and ultra-low latency systems and networks.
• Our business casual environment has an entrepreneurial spirit that encourages creativity, agility, and continuous improvement.
• We value our employees' happiness, offering everything from excellent compensation and benefits to sporting events and theater tickets, and perks such as free daily catered lunches and free weekly professional massages.
Why we choose to live in Houston: Quality of Life
• Forbes ranks Houston #1 for highest income relative to cost of living (as of July 2012).
• Houston is the 4th largest city in the country and an international economic hub that serves as a significant job creator.
• Enjoy living in Houston. It's not what you think. Come see the eclectic Houston you've been missing, from the creativity of a vibrant arts community and theater district (the 2nd largest in the U.S.) to a fantastic variety of restaurants, events and activities:
Forbes says Houston is the coolest city in the U.S. to live (as of July 2012).
Houston offers arts, theater, nightlife, restaurants, sports and so much more.
See more of our jobs at www.quantlab.com