Quantlab is a dynamic, technology-driven firm supporting a large-scale quantitative trading operation across a wide range of global financial markets. Founded in 1998, Quantlab is an established presence in quantitative investment management with a track record of consistent profitability under varying market conditions.
The trading platform created by the Quantlab Group is among the most sophisticated and scalable platforms in the financial industry. To support the continued growth of this platform, we are seeking a Systems Performance Engineer who will drive continued optimization of our trading systems while coordinating with technical teams throughout the organization such as development, infrastructure, research and trading. The successful candidate will become a key contributor in the creation, testing and deployment of next generation hardware and software platforms to host our trading infrastructure.
• Play a key role in the optimization and performance tuning of our global trading systems
• Develop custom applications and tests to analyze and optimize our low-latency, real-time trading operation
• Work in a highly collaborative, cross functional environment, including interface with traders and quantitative analysts
• 1-5 years experience in C, C++ development, preferably low-level systems development experience, writing libraries
• Deep understanding of Systems Level design, architecture and kernel level debugging
• Experience performance testing and optimizing operating systems and software to reduce latency
• Understanding of network protocols and packet level analysis
• Ability to brainstorm and generate ideas quickly
• Experience developing system monitoring, task automation and real-time testing tools
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment
• Excellent documentation, reporting and communication skills
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or other science subject
• Experience in Trading or other real-time systems
• Statistical and numerical analysis
• Test driven experience in languages like C#, Python, C++ or Java
• Familiarity with FPGAs and HDLs such as VHDL / Verilog
• Experience with High Performance Computing (HPC) technologies such as Infiniband and cluster management software
• Master's degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or other science subject
Quantlab Financial is a very successful proprietary trading firm (similar to a hedge fund, but no outside investors, so we are much more stable), established 15 years ago, and we invest heavily in the latest technologies, seeking to optimize performance and minimize latency throughout our trading systems. Quantlab is a dynamic, technology-driven firm supporting a large-scale quantitative trading operation across a wide range of global financial markets. Founded in 1998, Quantlab is an established presence in quantitative investment management with a track record of consistent profitability under varying market conditions. We offers a top-notch compensation package -- including an aggressive pay-for-performance bonus program, generous medical and paid time off benefits, relocation subsidies that may be cashed-out and an informal, small-company work environment.
Why Quantlab Financial is a great place to work:
• Technology and Scientific Research are key to our success. We attract talented people who bring novel solutions to trading, from quantitative modeling employing high performance computing to sophisticated programming and ultra-low latency systems and networks.
• Our business casual environment has an entrepreneurial spirit that encourages creativity, agility, and continuous improvement.
• We value our employees' happiness, offering everything from excellent compensation and benefits to sporting events and theater tickets, and perks such as free daily catered lunches and free weekly professional massages.
Why we choose to live in Houston: Quality of Life
• Forbes ranks Houston #1 for highest income relative to cost of living (as of July 2012).
• Houston is the 4th largest city in the country and an international economic hub that serves as a significant job creator.
• Enjoy living in Houston. It's not what you think. Come see the eclectic Houston you've been missing, from the creativity of a vibrant arts community and theater district (the 2nd largest in the U.S.) to a fantastic variety of restaurants, events and activities:
Forbes says Houston is the coolest city in the U.S. to live (as of July 2012).
Houston offers arts, theater, nightlife, restaurants, sports and so much more.
See more of our jobs at www.quantlab.com