Director of Administration
Quantlab is a dynamic, technology-driven firm supporting a large-scale quantitative trading operation across a wide range of global financial markets. Founded in 1998, Quantlab is an established presence in quantitative investment management, an industry that accounts for approximately 60% of the market volume traded daily. We are considered a leader in the industry supporting global growth of electronic markets in the North America, Europe, South American and Australia and Asia.
We understand our competitive edge is driven by the creativity and talent of our employees. To continue our efforts in developing a world class working environment we are seeking a Director of Administration to help provide strategic direction, tactical planning, and oversight of the administrative functions, employees and daily operations of facility to ensure smooth daily operations of facilities and equipment. Our ideal candidate will be able to identify, create, develop, and integrate innovative solutions and programs that lead to improvements in the organization.
- Review, design and implement office management policy and procedures
- Maintain office services by organizing and monitoring front-office operations
- Research, recommend and negotiate service vendor contracts that will provide high quality, reliable services
- Recruit, train and manage administrative staff
- Provide historical reference by defining procedures for retention, protection, retrieval, transfer, and disposal of records
- Prepare and monitor annual budget; schedule expenditures; analyze variances and initiate corrective actions
- Manage company shipping and receiving processes
- Direct and oversee all logistical aspects of all Quantlab employee travel, domestically and internationally
- Manage and enhance our company catering program, serving 110 employees daily
- Oversee the planning and execution of company events, parties and other social initiatives
- Work with recruiting team to recruit and retain administrative staff as well as providing cross coverage for other support staff members
- Develop, implement and manage a facilities management plan
- Oversee and manage office equipment, furnishings and space allocation
- Manage and coordinate renovation and construction of current and new facilities from concept evaluation through contract completion
- Conduct site selection, feasibility and impact analysis of potential new office locations
- Monitor the allocation of building system capability , specifically UPS, generator and cooling system capacities
- Direct third-party contractors and vendors engaged in operating, maintaining and improving leased property
- Create a schedule for regular evaluation of facilities
- Maintain accurate records of the condition of equipment and other systems within the building and leased space
- Interface with the property management office related to all building needs and requirements
- Oversee workstation assignments and workstation resourcing for new employees
- Serve as Fire Warden and member of Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Task Team
- Oversee site janitorial and maintenance services
- Review lease documents to ensure landlord required obligations are satisfied with respect to leasehold improvements and building regulations
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in a related field
- 5-10 + years of related experience – preferably in a small, technology-driven environment
- Excellent interpersonal / communication skills with a high degree of professionalism
- Expectation of complete confidentiality on all business matters
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Ability to quickly learn new tools and technologies; interest and experience in using technology to improve work efficiency
- Knowledge of the following is required:
- Office and Facilities management
- Principles of personnel management and supervision
- Emergency management practices
- Contracting practices and vendor management
- Knowledge of the following is preferred:
- Facilities maintenance and repair methods and requirements
- Project Management expertise
- Budget preparation, administration and tracking
- Exposure to paperless work environment (Contract and /or Document Management Systems)
- Architectural and design elements for the purpose of developing space plans, construction drawings, cost estimate creation, bid evaluation and construction management
- Technical Skills including strong understanding of Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing and HVAC systems as well as working knowledge of Visio and AutoCad
- Local laws and requirements for space improvements and build outs
- Membership in a professional organization
Quantlab Financial is a very successful proprietary trading firm (similar to a hedge fund, but no outside investors, so we are much more stable), established 15 years ago, and we invest heavily in the latest technologies, seeking to optimize performance and minimize latency throughout our trading systems. Quantlab is a dynamic, technology-driven firm supporting a large-scale quantitative trading operation across a wide range of global financial markets. Founded in 1998, Quantlab is an established presence in quantitative investment management with a track record of consistent profitability under varying market conditions. We offers a top-notch compensation package -- including an aggressive pay-for-performance bonus program, generous medical and paid time off benefits, relocation subsidies that may be cashed-out and an informal, small-company work environment.
Why Quantlab Financial is a great place to work:
• Technology and Scientific Research are key to our success. We attract talented people who bring novel solutions to trading, from quantitative modeling employing high performance computing to sophisticated programming and ultra-low latency systems and networks.
• Our business casual environment has an entrepreneurial spirit that encourages creativity, agility, and continuous improvement.
• We value our employees' happiness, offering everything from excellent compensation and benefits to sporting events and theater tickets, and perks such as free daily catered lunches and free weekly professional massages.
Why we choose to live in Houston: Quality of Life
• Forbes ranks Houston #1 for highest income relative to cost of living (as of July 2012).
• Houston is the 4th largest city in the country and an international economic hub that serves as a significant job creator .
• Enjoy living in Houston. It's not what you think. Come see the eclectic Houston you've been missing, from the creativity of a vibrant arts community and theater district (the 2nd largest in the U.S.) to a fantastic variety of restaurants, events and activities:
Forbes says Houston is the coolest city in the U.S. to live (as of July 2012).
Houston offers arts, theater , nightlife, restaurants, sports and so much more .
See more of our jobs at www.quantlab.com