Sr. FPGA Developer/Systems Performance Engineer Job Listing at Quantlab in Houston, TX (Job ID 288)
Finance, Computers & Information Technology
Quantlab is a dynamic, technology-driven firm supporting a large-scale quantitative trading operation across a wide range of global financial markets. Founded in 1998, Quantlab is an established presence in quantitative investment management with a track record of consistent profitability under varying market conditions.
The trading platform created by the Quantlab Group is among the most sophisticated and scalable platforms in the financial industry. To support the continued growth of this platform, we are seeking a Sr. FPGA Developer/Systems Performance Engineer who will drive continued optimization of our trading systems while coordinating with technical teams throughout the organization such as development, infrastructure, research and trading. The successful candidate will become a key contributor in the creation, testing and deployment of next generation hardware and software platforms to host our trading infrastructure.
• Play a key role in the optimization and performance tuning of our global trading systems
• Deep understanding of Systems Level design, architecture and kernel level debugging
• Experience performance testing and optimizing operating systems and software to reduce latency
• Understanding of network protocols and packet level analysis
• Ability to brainstorm and generate ideas quickly
• Experience developing system monitoring, task automation and real-time testing tools
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment
• Excellent documentation, reporting and communication skills
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or other science subject
• Experience in Trading or other real-time systems
Why Quantlab Financial is a great place to work:
• Technology and Scientific Research are key to our success. We attract talented people who bring novel solutions to trading, from quantitative modeling employing high performance computing to sophisticated programming and ultra-low latency systems and networks.
Why we choose to live in Houston: Quality of Life
• Forbes ranks Houston #1 for highest income relative to cost of living (as of July 2012).
Forbes says Houston is the coolest city in the U.S. to live (as of July 2012).
See more of our jobs at www.quantlab.com
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Software Dev. - General/IT jobs in Houston, TX
View similar jobs:
Business Analyst - AD
JPMorgan Chase - Houston, TX
Robert Half Technology - Houston, TX
Analyst Workforce Management-Temporary
Academy Sports + Outdoors - Katy, TX
Locate this job: