Director Employee Relations Job Listing at QVC in PA
Media / Publishing, Retail
Director Employee Relations
Job ID 14373
West Chester - Studio Park (PA)
Human Resources (HR)
Share: Facebook LinkedIn Twitter
QVC's Employee Relations Office is a well-established team looking to elevate its brand, reach and effectiveness across the organization. To that end, we've added a brand new role of Director, Employee Relations to lead the team. Reporting to the Vice President, HR Operations, the Director will build the short and long-term strategies and initiatives to help QVC maintain its amazing employee culture!
The Director is responsible for developing the strategy and plan to promote a positive work environment through effective and continuous evaluation of QVC employee engagement. This role is about enabling employee engagement through QVC’s Values and employee relations strategies. The Director develops, oversees, administers and implements all employee relations elements of employee engagement strategies including preventive labor analysis, HR Compliance training, policy and procedure development, education, communication and reporting. This trusted advisor role coaches business leaders regarding performance issues, conducts investigations and resolves complaints, as well as provides the tools and education to lead the company's efforts in providing a positive work environment across the entire landscape. The Director evaluates risk through metrics-driven employee surveys, employee relations trend analysis and site visits which will then be used to effect positive change.
The Director has two direct reports and an extended indirect team comprised of site employees.
Specific duties include:
• Establish and continually update and improve the investigation process for all HR/employment relations related issues and ensure an effective process is in place and followed to mitigate risks.
• Develop, oversee and lead QVC efforts in the design and presentation of employment law related training for managers, supervisors and HR team. Continually update training programs (using best practices and market trends) that teach how to effectively manage employee relations issues. Serve as trainer/facilitator on policy issues and compliance including, Introduction to Labor Relations training, Non-Harassment training, Anti-Corruption, Ethics/Code of Conduct; in addition; responsible for the execution of requested and required training.
• Develop and lead preventive education, employee awareness and ethics areas collaborating with the Talent Management team in the design and presentation of managerial and supervisory training in these areas.
• Create meaningful metrics, customer satisfaction and measurement capabilities and establish a repository of best practices which are shared with HRBPs and clients.
• Assess internal and external leading practices and reference current research for all design and development work.
Strategic duties include:
• Proactively identify workplace challenges and develop employee relations initiatives by partnering with Leadership, HRBPs and employees across the enterprise, as well as through workforce analytics including turnover, exit interviews, employee relations trending, etc
• Based on an examination and understanding of the challenges and issues faced across the organization, develop a strategy for positively impacting the challenges.
• Partner with the peer HR COE and HRBP teams to pull all HR expertise available to address systemic concerns.
• Ensure the strategy is tied to the company's business aspirations and is embraced by leadership.
• Provide strategic direction and establish accountabilities for successful implementation of strategy.
• Measure the strategy’s success and continually adapt to improve results.
• Develop strategies to ensure employees are provided the optimum environment for employee development, engagement and retention to build organizational capabilities, behaviors, structure and processes.
• BA/BS in Business Administration and/or HR Management or SPHR required.
• Master’s preferred.
• SPHR or GPHR (Senior/Global Professional in Human Resources) certifications are a plus. ?
• Minimum 8-10 years experience in progressively responsible HR leadership role(s) in comparable organizations preferably focusing on employee relations.
• Minimum 8-10 years management experience with at least 5 years in an employee/labor relations management role.
• Legal experience associated with Human Resources matters, employment contracts, labor relations
• Possess expert-level generalist skills and the ability to mentor and provide guidance to others within HR and the management team on complex issues.
• Significant depth and breadth of human resources strategy with strong initiative and solid judgment abilities.
• Able to multi-task, work in a team environment, recognize trends, and identify systematic approaches to solving problems in a fast moving, dynamic environment.
• Possess exceptional interpersonal communication skills and ability to build and sustain business partnerships and to establish rapport and credibility at all levels.?
• Ability to effortlessly switch from thinking about programs at a higher/strategic level to producing results as both part of a team and as an individual contributor.
• Organized with an attention-to-detail approach.
• Possess demonstrated ability to bring innovative solutions to complex issues.
• Demonstrated knowledge of HR laws is required.
• Must be able to travel domestically 25 – 50%.
QVC, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Liberty Interactive Corporation attributed to the Liberty Interactive Group (Nasdaq: LINTA), is one of the largest multimedia retailers in the world. QVC is committed to providing its customers with thousands of the most innovative and contemporary beauty, fashion, jewelry and home products. Its programming is distributed to approximately 200 million homes worldwide. The company’s website, QVC.com, is ranked among the top general merchant Internet sites. With operations in the United Kingdom, Germany, Japan, Italy, and a joint venture in China, West Chester, Pa.-based QVC has shipped more than a billion packages in its 25+ year history. QVC, Q, and the Q Ribbon Logo are registered service marks of ER Marks, Inc.
QVC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or handicap, marital or veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any other category protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Human Resources jobs in Pennsylvania Non-Metro
View similar jobs:
Director, Performance Planning and Analysis (Pension Risk Transfer Service Delivery)
Prudential - Scranton, PA
Defined Benefit Technical Specialist (Pension Risk Transfer)
Prudential - Scranton, PA
Claims Examiner (Pension Risk Transfer)
Prudential - Scranton, PA
Locate this job: