Freelance Senior Business Analyst Job Listing at Razorfish in United States of America
Freelance Senior Business Analyst
Job ID 12206
Location US-CA-San Francisco
Posted Date 1/24/2013
Category Delivery Management
Apply for this job:
Your application choices are:
* Apply for this jobonline
* Email this job to a friend
More information about this job:
Razorfish is one of the largest interactive agencies in the world and currently has more than 2,000 employees in 20 offices in seven countries (Australia, China, France, Germany, Japan, the United Kingdom and the United States) focusing exclusively on digital marketing and technology. Each office is filled with opportunities for people who want to invent the digital future. It''s a big challenge, but it''s a big Internet, and there''s work to be done.
This role requires limited supervision from Business Leads or Senior Business Leads for complex projects, and can work independently with less supervision on smaller projects. Analyze business requirements, procedures and problems, providing solutions in line with business requirements. Manage and report on project as defined by the scope and timeline, from inception to transition, working closely with the project team and client. Develop, document and maintain detailed specifications, including use cases and supporting diagrams and supplemental documentation. Ensure requirements encompass project scope. Support other Business Analysts and project teams in the chosen project process. Domain expert on project and requires minimal supervision for more complex projects.
Develop practical and workable solutions to clients'' technical and business problems. Analyzes and evaluates business systems and user needs. Writes detailed description of user needs, program functions, and steps required to develop or modify computer programs. The Senior Business Analyst will work closely with the client and project team, acting as the client-by-proxy.
***Qualified Sr. Business Analysts will have experience working on internet/web projects***
This position should be able to perform the following activities:
* Analyze business requirements, procedures and problems and apply solutions in line with business requirements of clients. May collaborate with Business Leads and Senior Business Leads.
* Manage changing requirements (change control) communicating with project team and client on impact
* Demonstrate expertise in a variety of Razorfish concepts, practices, and procedures
* Gather, document, analyze and prioritize detailed business requirements based on users and business needs
* Facilitate requirements gathering workshops and one-on-one interviews
* Device diagrams and flows to illustrate steps and describe logical operational steps of the system
* Participate and support project team members through the project lifecycle (inception through transition)
* Utilize analysis tools such as data flow diagrams, process models and data models
* Create system requirements specifications using Use Cases and supplementary documentation
* Facilitate the transition of the requirements to the QA team -Identifies client training needs, create training plans, develop training materials, and conducts training sessions that drive system adoption
* Ability to scope and provide project estimates -Provide input into process improvement activities
* Assist other disciplines on as needed basis (e.g. Marketing and Research analysis, schematic development, vendor assessment, etc).
* Create accurate work estimates for analyst deliverables
* Collaborates with developers, IA, QA, Project Managers to develop and improve processes
* Participate in analyst interviews and recruiting efforts -Stay up to date with industry and technology trends
* Previous experience in the consulting field -Ability to consult on complex projects Methodology: Experience and knowledge with system development approaches (e.g. RUP, Agile, etc).
* Assist Lead in training other analysts in methodologies
* Proven experience with Use Cases and requirements gathering techniques.
* Proven ability to design, develop, deploy and maintain innovative and successful technical applications/systems.
* Experience with workflow design and development of requirements gathering with Use Cases
* Competent to work on complex projects independently and with a team during multiple phases of a project
* Ability to frame problems and opportunities to present solutions -Experienced at application training and documentation
* Experience integrating applications to other enterprise systems
* Working knowledge of Microsoft or open source development technologies Project
* Able to manage expectations of client and internal project team
* Strategic planning and problem solving experience
* Ability to represent/communicate technical requirements and trade-offs in a business environment to facilitate effective decision making
* Able to scope projects effectively
* Effectively communicate issues with Project Manager and project team, and provide solutions to issues.
* Flexibility -High level of integrity and professional maturity
* Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team -Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to think strategically (outside-the-box) and provide creative solutions
* Track record of teamwork and leadership skills
* Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience -4-6 years in a Business Analyst role preferred
This positions is a freelance opportunity.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Business/Mgmt. jobs in USA
View similar jobs:
Freelance Senior Project Manager
Razorfish - United States of America
Senior Project Manager
Razorfish - United States of America
Commercial Strategy Senior Manager
The Coca-Cola Company - United States of America
Locate this job: