Freelance Senior Project Manager Job Listing at Razorfish in United States of America
Freelance Senior Project Manager
Job ID 10239
Location US-CA-San Francisco
Posted Date 1/29/2013
Category Project/Program Management - Project Management
Apply for this job:
Your application choices are:
* Apply for this jobonline
* Email this job to a friend
More information about this job:
Razorfish is one of the largest interactive agencies in the world and currently has more than 2,000 employees in 20 offices in seven
countries (Australia, China, France, Germany, Japan, the United Kingdom and the United States) focusing exclusively on digital marketing and technology. Each office is filled with opportunities for people who want to invent the digital future. It''s a big challenge, but it''s a big Internet, and there''s work to be done.
We are constantly looking for the next Razorfish All-Star. If you are interested in possibly joining the team. Please submit your resume.
Project Managers provide the structure and support the overall vision for assigned projects (e.g. web development, advertising, media, strategy, technology, etc). They are responsible for overseeing and directing multiple projects at a time (within a given brand or client or potentially across multiple brands or clients) or a singular, mid-scale or complex project, and ensuring that these projects meet or exceed internal team and client expectations and are delivered on-time and on-budget. Project Managers are responsible for communicating relevant project information to the client (e.g. status, risk, issues, deliverables). They will interface with the daily client contact to assure that the solution is understood and addresses the customer’s business requirements. They also plan, organize and control the activities of other Razorfish disciplines (e.g. User Experience, Technology, Strategy, Creative, Account Planning) in order to ensure the on-time, on-budget delivery of projects. They are also responsible for the accurate financial management of the projects to which they’re assigned. In addition to project responsibilities, Project Managers may also participate in the business development process. Project Managers can work independently, with moderate input from direct manager needed for job performance.
* Develops and demonstrates an understanding of the client’s business, their needs, expectations, and requirements.
* Collaborates with the project team to identify the approach, deliverables, schedule and tools to deliver the project within established constraints.
* Works with client team as well as any and all members of assigned project team to estimate costs and timing for tasks such as project strategy, functional design, visual design, technology requirements, etc., utilizing established estimating process and tools.
* May work with Client Engagement to obtain and document client signoff at key points during project.
* Coordinates all activities of the project team and ensures that project tasks are completed by: scheduling and facilitating project-related team meetings (i.e. kick-offs, status, internal/client reviews, etc,), communicating action steps to team, and delivering weekly status reports to project team, the client and management.
* Develops, maintains, reviews and/or disseminates all project documentation including status reports, invoices, change orders, project schedules, budgets, and post mortem reviews. Ensures that all project documentation is produced in the standard format, follows internal documentation processes and is reviewed and approved.
* Manages/works with Senior Project Manager to manage vendor/third party relationships (i.e. such as photographers, stock photo services, and video production).
MONITORING – SCHEDULING, FINANCIALS, RISK MANAGEMENT
* Manages and controls project scope and the change control process to ensure that projects are completed according to schedule and within budgets.
* Responsible for delivering work within sold margins. Also responsible for identifying and communicating issues causing margin changes.
* Responsible for raising and maintaining awareness of all project issues and risks, and working with appropriate personnel to develop solutions.
* Manages project financial lifecycle, including estimates, revenue forecasts, invoicing, payables, receivables, etc.
* Works with Resource Management to ensure that projects are appropriately staffed, including both employee and contract resources.
* Follows internal processes and adjusts staffing needs in a timely manner based on project shifts.
* Collaborates on the content and presentation of key client deliverables as required to ensure relevancy, strategy, quality and timeliness.
* Acts as a client point-of-contact for all day-to-day project related issues
SELF AND TEAM MANAGEMENT
* Serves as a mentor to new and/or current employee(s) and assists with employee on-boarding and training.
* 5-7 years of experience managing interactive projects, preferably in a consulting or agency environment.
* Bachelor''s degree required, Master''s degree preferred.
* Advanced knowledge of one or more of the following: software development life cycles, web technologies, web development processes and the delivery of solutions with creative and engineering components, media and advertising projects, digital strategy projects.
* Advanced understanding of project management methodology including the ability to identify and resolve issues, manage risk, develop detailed work plans and specifications, perform resource allocations and run team meetings.
* Ability to work on multiple projects and manage multiple project coordinators, leads and/or managers at one time.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Excellent organizational and time management skills.
* Demonstrated ability to motivate staff/project team, inspire teamwork and take a leadership role.
* Ability to solve complex problems with keen instincts and organizational experience.
* Expert Microsoft Project and MS Office skills.
* Must be able to simultaneously focus on big picture, details and driving results.
* Strong knowledge of contract interpretation and negotiation.
* 1-3 years of people management experience.
This is a Freelance opportunity.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Business/Mgmt. jobs in USA
View similar jobs:
Freelance Senior Business Analyst
Razorfish - United States of America
Senior Project Manager
Razorfish - United States of America
Commercial Strategy Senior Manager
The Coca-Cola Company - United States of America
Locate this job: