Media Planner Job Listing at Razorfish in United States of America
Job ID 12016
Posted Date 1/22/2013
Apply for this job:
Your application choices are:
* Apply for this jobonline
* Email this job to a friend
More information about this job:
Razorfish is one of the largest interactive agencies in the world and currently has more than 2,000 employees in 20 offices in seven countries (Australia, China, France, Germany, Japan, the United Kingdom and the United States) focusing exclusively on digital marketing and technology. Each office is filled with opportunities for people who want to invent the digital future. It''s a big challenge, but it''s a big Internet, and there''s work to be done.
We are currently seeking an entrepreneurial Media Planner to join our rapidly
growing Media team. Digital Media Planners own the client media strategy development, translate these strategies into innovative media recommendations/plans, and are considered the team expert/lead on media related topics and tasks. Media Planners have a track record of building and maintaining successful client relationships with day-to-day client contacts as well as client senior staff/executives. They will also aid in the training of new and junior level department staff. Media Planners work with Razorfish directors and executives, acting as media experts on special projects as required.
Act as the primary media expert for assigned clients and client service team, including planning and buying of media. Contribute to media strategy development on other client teams as needed.
* Active involvement in new business development.
* Acquire comprehensive understanding of clients overarching marketing objectives and how digital marketing fits/complements those marketing goals
* Provide marketing expertise, including online and offline strategy development for assigned clients.
* Perform campaign analysis directly relevant to optimization and/or planning and buying decisions.
* Analyze multiple sources of external data to assist in planning and buying decisions. Utilize both online and traditional data sources.
* Help develop and execute new hire training, as well as department-wide continuing education programs. Actively mentor new employees and encourage shared learning across the department.
* Work cross-functionally with Razorfish management team and Account Directors as needed. Increase visibility of media expertise throughout the agency.
* Exhibit thought leadership within the agency, with clients and in the industry.
* Special projects as assigned.
Clear and solid understanding of Razorfish''s business and client offerings (ability to pitch/explain services/products)
* Mentor and train new Media Planners
* Ensure quality control of media deliverables to Clients across department
* Aid in development and presentation of Razorfish media POV''s
* Develop strategic channel/media strategy (partners, budgets, allocations, placements, targeting solutions) to meet client objectives
* Access and analyze third-party and syndicated research with proficiency(comScore, MRI, Kantar)
* Present recommended media strategy to client
* Develop and issue RFP''s and manage vendor response
* Evaluate and negotiate returned proposals to determine media selections
* Develop final buy recommendations/rationales
* Negotiate campaign-specific contracts/terms with sites as needed
* Present recommendation to the client
* Author Buy Authorization and obtain approvals from client
Media Implementation and Maintenance:
* Work in conjunction with Account Manager to fulfill the following tasks:
* Gathering of creative spec data for creative
* Developing insertion orders and purchase orders
* Trafficking, QA and monitoring of a campaign
* Invoice reconciliation/Bill-Pay process
* Manage campaign execution issues/questions
* Manage vendor relationships including campaign optimization, rates/budget/placement/strategy issues and questions
* Manage budget throughout campaign
* Manage performance analysis and communication including reporting, status report presentation to client, optimization recommendations
* Experience with ad server technology; Atlas Media Planning Console strongly preferred
* Proficiency pulling and analyzing third-party research(comScore, MRI, Kantar)
* PC proficiency and solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Excellent presentation skills
* Dedication to client service
Education and Experience:
* BA or equivalent experience required.
* 3+ years of media planning and/or buying experience, with at least 1 year online planning.
* Experience in both digital and traditional media strongly preferred.
* Experience analyzing data and market research, 2-3 years preferred.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to be considered for this position.
Relocation assistance available for the ideal digital candidate.
This is a full time opportunity.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Marketing/Ad/PR jobs in USA
View similar jobs:
Business Process Analyst Sr.
Chase - DE, Delaware
Retail Market Manager
FMC - Grand Forks, ND
Retail Market Manager - 6002
FMC - Lincoln, NE
Locate this job: