Address: Riverbank House, 2 Swan Lane
Work Hours/Week: 35
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Pay Type: Salaried
% Travel Required: 0-25
People Manager: Yes
Job Posting End Date: 05/30/2014
This position will lead the coordination of all integrated marketing services as they relate to RBC WM international capabilities in London to include: increased brand awareness; lead generation activities; effective leveraging of events and sponsorships regionally and globally; thought leadership activation; key competitor research and key client experience initiatives as they relate to marketing.
The role will lead the strategic planning, development and measurable implementation of key marketing initiatives to enable increased market visibility and revenues in line with business strategy.
This position will work in close collaboration with the relevant business heads, global and regional marketing partners within RBC WM; and London marketing partners across other parts of RBC where appropriate.
Strategy Formulation and Measurable Execution
- Develop targeted marketing plans for London that are consistent with the RBC WM client value proposition and which drive targeted marketing activities to support: increased brand awareness and lead generation across all channels including: digital; print; sponsorship and events; and thought leadership. This will need to be delivered with a strong focus on effective budget management and working with global partners to amplify key activities.
- Ensure effective oversight for delivery of key activities against plan.
- Deliver key measures and metrics against plan are provided on a quarterly basis.
- Apply timely market and client research to guide marketing program development and execution.
- Represent marketing in the strategic development of new products and solutions within this market and demonstrating clear insights into the international competitive environment.
- Provide direction and leadership to the GWS marketing team based in London.
- Collaborate effectively with WM platform marketing partners (Brand, Digital, Sponsorship and Events, Thought Leadership) to ensure that key global marketing initiatives are fully leveraged at the geographic level and coordinate select projects which are of particular importance to this market.
- Liaise with Corporate Citizenship colleagues to ensure effective leveraging of key related activities..
- Manage the delivery of key client experience initiatives as they relate to London, working with global and regional partners as appropriate (e.g. Client Survey)
- Work with regional Corporate Communications colleagues to develop media / external communications that reinforce key business themes and messages to support the effective communication of our London client value proposition and how that fits within the context of the broader BIC and RBC WM positioning.
- Ensure full alignment with broader BIC efforts and demonstrate leadership in sharing best practices within BIC.
- Work with key regional colleagues and Operational Risk and Compliance teams to ensure full awareness of adherence to evolving regulatory requirements both internally and externally.
- Set direction for a small-sized team and ensure full team approach within broader regional and global teams.
- Provide focus and clarity in establishing individual goals, driving performance management, supporting career development and rewarding strong performance
- Foster a highly collaborative mindset to drive the development of effective marketing solutions within key regulatory frameworks
EDUCATION EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Demonstrable deep understanding of the international wealth management business
- Expertise in the development of integrated marketing plans across international client segments and associated key measures and metrics in line with agreed business strategy
- Proven ability to gain buy-in across different teams and diverse geographies and to manage a broad range of key stakeholders and able to deliver results through colleagues who do not always report into you/ your team.
- Strong track record of managing people during a time of change
- Extensive experience in a marketing management role within a large financial organization
- Demonstrated track record of consistently delivering tangible results within an international business.
Diversity in the workplace, one of our shared values, lies at the heart of our rewarding, open, supportive and inclusive work environment. We respect and respond to the many competing and evolving priorities in our lives so you can focus on what you can do best put clients first.
Interested in finding out more? Click here.