Sr Engineer Job Listing at Coinstar in Oakbrook Terrace, IL
Redbox Automated Retail, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Coinstar, Inc. (NASDAQ: CSTR), offers new-release DVD, Blu-ray Disc, and video game rentals through its network of conveniently located, self-service kiosks. Redbox has rented more than 2 billion discs and is available at more than 35,400 kiosks across over 29,000 locations nationwide, including select McDonald's restaurants, leading grocery, drug and convenience stores, select Wal-Mart and Walgreens locations in select markets. For more information, visit www.Redbox.com. Information about Coinstar, Inc. can be found at www.coinstarinc.com.
QUITE SIMPLY, IT'S
Perception isn't always reality. While many consider us little more than "DVD vending machines" … swipe card, take movie (or game) … the reality is that the IT that supports our enterprise, from robotics and industry-defining software to complex algorithms and unparalleled scalability, makes that simple model deceiving.
The numbers tell a different story, however: nearly 40,000 kiosks in over 29,000 locations in the U.S. and Canada; 2+ billion discs rented; 10,000+ credit card transactions a day; innovating on more than 25 applications in one group alone; and developing at a pace that has earned us a ranking of #15 on Fortune's Fastest Growing Companies list (up seven slots from our 2011 ranking). Add in mind-bending analytics that deliver a highly customized user experience and you begin to see that for IT, we're what's behind the curtain.
Now, let's make things simple for a moment: we're interested in IT people who go beyond having the right answers. We need professionals who have to know why an answer is an answer. How and why it works … with a relentless curiosity that would exhaust an average IT pro.
That's a pretty high bar to set, yet that's the reality of Redbox. If you have the fire for killer IT, you'll enjoy the energy of a start-up with the resources and stability of a proven corporation behind you … with numerous seed businesses in the pipeline.
Sodiverse projects? Of course. Super-smart team members? Only the best. Continual growth into new technologies? You bet.
If you know IT, you need Redbox.
SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER
This is a role that will press you for your very best on a daily basis. It is quite demanding, highly dynamic, and technically challenging. You must have the ability to thrive in an Agile environment, be continually conscious of security concerns, and work with other of the development team in a way that lifts all boats.
The position requires a solid mix of .NET 4.0, (C#) Web app development experience. You must have demonstrated familiarity with high-quality software design and build techniques, to include experience developing application specifications, various object and data modeling techniques, database design, test driven development, quality assurance best-practices, and implementation support.
Here's what you'll do:
- Program features and enhancements to new and existing .NET client/server applications, using mainly C#.
- Work closely with other team members in all areas of software development including requirements analysis, planning, object model design, database schema design, root-cause analysis, deployment, testing, and, of course, programming.
- Actively participate in team processes and use of methodologies, including customized flavors of Agile and Extreme/Lean Programming.
- Learn and apply XP practices to daily development including: Story Estimation, Test-Driven Development, Continuous Integration and Iterative Development.
Qualified applicants will be:
- Willing to learn and share knowledge.
- Capable of playing nicely with others.
- Self-motivated and confident (while maintaining appropriate humility).
- Flexible to adjust to rapidly evolving demands.
- As polished in attitude as aptitude.
- Proficient in object-oriented design and programming techniques.
- Experience in test driven development.
- Experience with message-oriented systems and ESB technologies is a plus.
- Creative problem solving skills.
- Powershell, NUnit, ORM technologies, CruiseControl.Net experience a strong plus.
- Agile development experience is ideal.
Education and experience:
- A bachelor of science in computer science or equivalent experience.
- 7 -10 years of related experience with at least 5 years in web and Windows application development and at least 3 years
of experience in .NET application development, including C#.
And here are the benefits you'll enjoy:
- The ability to see the results of your work.
- Rapid and advanced degrees of knowledge and proficiency.
- Opportunities to work on diverse projects to continually INNOVATE.
- The experience of a true Agile environment.
- Working for a relatively small and young, yet high-volume business.
- Hanging out with Spiderman on the 11th floor.
While we look for rare professionals to join our organization, we're also prepared to reward them for all they bring to the table, including full 401(k) vesting from your first contribution, benefits that our employees love, and a progressive bonus structure. For consideration, please apply online @ www.redbox.com We believe diversity and inclusion create organizational strength: EOE M/F/D/V
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Engineering jobs in Chicago, IL
View similar jobs:
Sr Specialist Tech Project Mgmt
AT&T - Des Plaines, IL
AT&T Sr Specialist RAN Engineer RF III Schaumburg IL
AT&T - Schaumburg, IL
AT&T Sr Specialist RAN Engineer Chicago IL
AT&T - Chicago, IL
Locate this job: