Senior Analyst - Mergers, Acquisitions and Divestitures Job Listing at Regions Financial in Birmingham, AL
Title: Senior Analyst - Mergers, Acquisitions and Divestitures
Job Number: 21569
Develops financial planning systems and procedures designed to protect assets. Gathers, organizes and documents relevant financial information. Analyzes, consolidates and interprets financial data. Prepares detailed reports and presentations for review by all levels of management. Monitors actual results of financial data against plans, forecasts and budgets. Consolidates a wide range of operating and financial projections for the development of both short-term and long-term business plans.
To provide Regions with flexible, adaptable, up to date models to evaluate M&A opportunities across all of its major lines of business and geographies as well as research, presentation and due diligence.
Responsibilities include the following:
· Developing and refining financial models and prepare analyses to support the M&A evaluation and/or divestiture processes. Models to be both bank and nonbank related models.
· Supporting the M&A/D process by providing and running financial models that provide data on valuation of potential target companies as well as pro forma capital ratios and EPS accretion dilution, etc.
· Working with Lines of Business and/or Geographies and M&A Specialist on assumptions on actual potential transactions
· May perform additional financial modeling if requested to evaluate personnel liftout” type transactions
· Working directly with Accounting Policy, Corporate Tax and relevant Subject Matter Experts to ensure modeling assumptions and output are accurate.
· Developing presentations to support the M&A evaluation process. Presentation materials must reflect output of financial modeling to support project evaluation.
· Participating in stages of the life cycle of an actual transaction including assisting in organizing and participating in due diligence.
· Responsible for follow up modeling based on input from due-diligence results as well.
· Supporting other M&A Specialists in identification and tracking of M&A targets as well as pricing related metrics for various transactions and overall M&A/D activity in the marketplace
Additionally, models should be capable of evaluating valuation perspectives (IRR and NPV), as well as evaluating the balance sheet impact, income statement impact, and Reg and GAAP capital impact to post transaction. Additional considerations may include impact from loan marks at closing, related tax and FASB guidance, and evolving regulatory capital ratios. The successful candidate will be expected to provide impact, not only on a static basis, but also on a multi-year horizon including a range of relevant metrics. Models must include sensitivity analyses to determine impact of incremental driver assumptions.
· Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Must have experience building detailed financial models
· Strong analytical skills required. Banking experience preferred. Advanced excel and database experience required.
· Requires a bachelor’s degree in an accounting or finance related field and/or an MBA and at least five years directly related experience.
· Demonstrated ability to extract information from various external (i.e., SNL) and internal databases (i.e., ESSBASE)
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Business/Mgmt. jobs in Birmingham, AL
View similar jobs:
Wealth Management Compliance Officer
Regions Financial - Birmingham, AL
Store Management AL McCalla
CVS Caremark - ALABASTER, AL
Cerner Core Analyst Jobs- Alabama
Soliant Health - Birmingham, AL
Locate this job: