Director, Product Management, E-Commerce Job Listing at Restoration Hardware in Corte Madera, CA
Consumer Products, Retail
Director, Product Management, E-Commerce
Location: CA - Corte Madera - Home Office (HDQ)
Department: 942 - E-commerce
Job Function: Marketing
Employment Duration: Full Time Only
RESTORATION HARDWAREis one of the fastest growing and most innovative luxury brands in the home furnishings marketplace. We believe our brand stands alone and is redefining this highly fragmented and growing market. Restoration Hardware is positioned as a lifestyle brand and design authority, offering dominant assortments across a growing number of categories, including furniture, lighting, textiles, bathware, decor, outdoor and garden, as well as baby and child products. Our business is fully integrated across our multiple channels of distribution, consisting of our stores, catalogs and websites, www.restorationhardware.com and www.rhbabyandchild.com.
In everything we do, our philosophy is simple: We want to surround ourselves with what we love. We want to inspire laughter as well as thought. This is more than our way of finding and selling products; it's a way of life we highly recommend.
At Restoration Hardware we believe deeply that the “right” people are our greatest asset. We value people with high energy, who possess the ability to energize others. People who are smart, creative and have a point of view. People who see the answer in every problem, versus those who see the problem in every answer. People who are driven, determined, and won’t take “no” for an answer. We value team players, people who are more concerned with what’s right, rather than who’s right.
Restoration Hardware is looking for aDIRECTOR, PRODUCT MANAGEMENT, E-COMMERCEfor ourE-Commercedepartment.
We believe leaders lead and don't accept status quo, not just "manage" and move thing about.
The perfect candidate will have an immediate connection to our Core Values (People, Service, Quality and Innovation). This candidate will be extremely flexible and enjoy a “startup” mentality and environment that changes day to day and will “assume positive intentions” at all times. Candidates who are personable, open to learning, collaborate well with others and have a positive attitude, and are more apt to saying “yes” or “we’ll try” (rather than “no” or “that’s impossible”) will be at the top of our list.
The position will be a key leader for RH E-Commerce, developing the roadmap for development activities across the ecommerce space for all brands. By building and leveraging our product marketing platforms (i.e. e-commerce, Concierge and store-centric sites), the Director of Product Management will create platform solutions that increase sales and operational efficiency in product information, presentation and in customer-facing operations.
Strong candidates will have a deep understanding of e-commerce and retail processes; a proven track record of using technology to develop solutions to drive incremental earnings; ability to create solutions with a singular platform in mind; and a focus on how to empower employees to have great customer interactions.
Candidates will be expected to lead and develop teams, work in a cross-functional context, and use data to drive decision-making.
* Senior level position accountable for planning, developing & implementing larger more strategic projects, often involving multiple product/project managers and across functions
* Requires skills to communicate both verbally & in written presentation format with all levels of business leaders and influence key business leaders in the organization
* Identifies new opportunities and develops business case/ROI for projects, including:
* ?Gathering input from a variety of internal and external sources
* Justifying development initiatives and expenditures
* Evaluating technologies
* ?Responsible for the requirements, approach, and vision for digital features and their presentation
* Champion projects across the company to make sure that all the relevant departments understand the project scope, approve the scope, understand the implications and incorporate the project (as appropriate) into their work
* Strong people management skills required to inspire, develop, and coach team members
* When necessary, coordinates with outside vendors and partners to ensure their work is delivered on time and on scope
* Leads and coaches team that develops feature definitions, detailed requirements, business process changes, internal communications, and implementation plans
* Leads and motivates multiple cross-functional teams throughout the entire life cycle of product development, including deployment and post-deployment
* Resolve specific challenges related to how a feature/tool will work for RH’s customer or business user and make trade-offs of scope, time & budget when issues arise during development
* Accountable for the financial impact and customer experience of the products produced by the team, using analysis to measure the results of feature deployments to quantify the business benefit/impact, and identify further business opportunities.
* Sample projects include: Bridal Registry (Marketing, Web and In-Store Execution), live Chat, Trade Web Site, Expanded Personalization Services, Local Store Sites, RHFineArt, etc.
* Live and teach Our Core Values, Our Leadership Contract, and Leadership is a Choice.
* BA/BS required; 7 to 10 years experience
* Proven track-record: past projects were consistently successful (i.e. met the consumer’s need, met business objectives, delivered on-time with no/few surprises)
* Marketplace experience: experience in a multi-channel retail environment
* Sound business judgment: the ability to identify the business objectives, develop and implement a business strategy on projects; capable of making reliable business decisions during execution
* Team management: Experience leading, managing and developing multiple direct reports.
* Experience with the Agile development process desired.
Restoration Hardware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, age, disability, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Product Management jobs in San Francisco, CA
View similar jobs:
Customer Planner/Analyst : SF
Emerging Blue - San Francisco, CA
Head of Commercialization - Information Products
Visa - Foster City, CA
Head of Commercialization - Mobile Payments
Visa - Foster City, CA
Locate this job: