Distribution Center Manager Job Listing at Restoration Hardware in Dallas DC, TX
Consumer Products, Retail
Distribution Center Manager
Location: TX - Dallas DC
Division: Distribution Centers
Department: 800 - DC Support
Job Function: Distribution Centers
Employment Duration: Full Time Only
RESTORATION HARDWAREis one of the fastest growing and most innovative luxury brands in the home furnishings marketplace. We believe our brand stands alone and is redefining this highly fragmented and growing market. Restoration Hardware is positioned as a lifestyle brand and design authority, offering dominant assortments across a growing number of categories, including furniture, lighting, textiles, bathware, decor, outdoor and garden, as well as baby and child products. Our business is fully integrated across our multiple channels of distribution, consisting of our stores, catalogs and websites, www.restorationhardware.com and www.rhbabyandchild.com.
In everything we do, our philosophy is simple: We want to surround ourselves with what we love. We want to inspire laughter as well as thought. This is more than our way of finding and selling products; it's a way of life we highly recommend.
At Restoration Hardware we believe deeply that the “right” people are our greatest asset. We value people with high energy, who possess the ability to energize others. People who are smart, creative and have a point of view. People who see the answer in every problem, versus those who see the problem in every answer. People who are driven, determined, and won’t take “no” for an answer. We value team players, people who are more concerned with what’s right, rather than who’s right.
Restoration Hardware is looking for a DISTRIBUTION CENTER LEADER (MANAGER)for ourGrand Prairie – Dallas, TXDistribution Center.
We believe leaders lead and don't accept status quo, not just "manage" and move thing about.
The perfect candidate will have an immediate connection to our Core Values (People, Service, Quality and Innovation). This candidate will be extremely flexible and enjoy a "startup" mentality and environment that changes day to day and will "assume positive intentions" at all times. Candidates who are personable, open to learning, collaborate well with others and have a positive attitude, and are more apt to saying "yes" or "we'll try" (rather than "no" or "that's impossible") will be at the top of our list.
The Distribution Center Manager has general responsibility for coordinating and supervising all distribution center activities on a daily basis. The Distribution Center Manager is responsible for supervising associates, as well as the receiving, warehousing, and shipping of product in a manner consistent with company service and cost objectives.
* Supervise and coordinate unloading of inbound and outbound shipments
* Supervise and coordinate the picking and movement of merchandise throughout the building
* Ensures orderly stacking of product
* Apply sound communication and motivational techniques in supervising, counseling, and disciplining subordinates in accordance with the highest possible levels of productivity
* Verify required inbound/outbound paperwork with drivers ensuring that all product is properly counted
* Ensure inbound and outbound shipments are accurate and free of damage
* Ensure the efficient and safe operation of all materials handling equipment
* Participate in establishing work schedules. Ensure that the schedules are correctly implemented and that jobs are assigned effectively and completed properly
* Maintains and holds associates accountable for the RF Guns
* Ensure the optimal utilization of space through warehouse consolidation, rotate product as appropriate
* Assist in maintaining the security of the warehouse
* Conduct operations in accordance with OSHA and MSDS Standards
* Direct the operations of the warehouse work team to achieve prescribed objectives
* In collaboration with the Human Resources Manager, develop and maintain a productive work team by creating programs for hiring, training, and professional development
* Write and conduct the performance evaluation system for recommending promotions, wage increases and terminations
* Assure the integrity of the inventory and assist in conducting physical inventories
* Attend warehouse meetings
* Act as a liaison between employees and top management
* Participate with the Operations Manager to establish department and associate specific goals including but not limited to productivity, quality, and personal growth/development
Job Related Competencies:
* Live and teach Our Core Values, Our Leadership Contract, and Leadership is a Choice.
* Strong written, verbal, and oral communication skills
* General mathematics and reading skills
* Strong leadership and motivational skills
* Ability to motivate and inspire a team
* Maintain a clean, neat, and orderly work area
* Complete all necessary records and reports in a timely and accurate fashion
* Interact with Operations, Transportation, Customer Service, Human Resources, customers and associates
* Familiarity with personal computers and material handling equipment is essential
* Experience with Warehouse Management Systems
* AS/400 experience preferred
* Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Logistics and Supply Chain Management, or related field and/or equivalent training and/or relevant experience is required.
* Minimum of 3-5 years Distribution Center Operations experience managing one or more departments and a team of associates
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Other jobs in DFW, Texas
View similar jobs:
CIB - High School Intern Program - Dallas
J.P. Morgan - TX, Texas
Business System Test Analyst Sr.
Chase - TX, Texas
Vice President OFAC/Sanctions Compliance Manager
J.P. Morgan Chase - DE, Delaware
Locate this job: