Website Operations Manager Job Listing at Restoration Hardware in Pleasanton HQ, CA
Consumer Products, Retail
Website Operations Manager
Location: CA - Pleasanton HQ (IT)
Department: 965 - MIS-Technicall
Job Function: Information Technology
Employment Duration: Full Time Only
RESTORATION HARDWAREis one of the fastest growing and most innovative luxury brands in the home furnishings marketplace. We believe our brand stands alone and is redefining this highly fragmented and growing market. Restoration Hardware is positioned as a lifestyle brand and design authority, offering dominant assortments across a growing number of categories, including furniture, lighting, textiles, bathware, decor, outdoor and garden, as well as baby and child products. Our business is fully integrated across our multiple channels of distribution, consisting of our stores, catalogs and websites, www.restorationhardware.com and www.rhbabyandchild.com.
In everything we do, our philosophy is simple: We want to surround ourselves with what we love. We want to inspire laughter as well as thought. This is more than our way of finding and selling products; it's a way of life we highly recommend.
At Restoration Hardware we believe deeply that the “right” people are our greatest asset. We value people with high energy, who possess the ability to energize others. People who are smart, creative and have a point of view. People who see the answer in every problem, versus those who see the problem in every answer. People who are driven, determined, and won’t take “no” for an answer. We value team players, people who are more concerned with what’s right, rather than who’s right.
Restoration Hardware is looking for aWEBSITE OPERATIONS LEADER (MANAGER)in our IT department. This position will be based in our Pleasanton, CA IT Headquarters.
We believe leaders lead and don't accept status quo, not just "manage" and move thing about.
Restoration Hardwareis looking for a seasonedWebsite Operations Leader (Manager)to lead site operations. You will manage an experienced and growing team of system administrators in the day-to-day operations of a high traffic site. You will be responsible for the high availability of the restorationhardware.com; rhbabyandhild.com; and internal web sites and supporting services. You will work with other leaders within the product and engineering organization to understand our business growth projections and translate those into production infrastructure expansion projects. Your team will build and maintain all production services, including support for web services, database, caching, messaging, email, search and analytics. We utilize a variety of open source solutions to power these services. Define priorities for production infrastructure projects and direct your resources to execute on them. You will also lead the team through production events and be responsible for consistent, clear communication to the organization. This is a highly visible role for the company, as our production infrastructure is expanding rapidly in order to keep up with the explosive growth of the business. You will be supported with the funding and resources needed to be successful.
The perfect candidate will have an immediate connection to our Core Values (People, Service, Quality and Innovation). This candidate will be extremely flexible and enjoy a “startup” mentality and environment that changes day to day and will “assume positive intentions” at all times. Candidates who are personable, open to learning, collaborate well with others and have a positive attitude, and are more apt to saying “yes” or “we’ll try” (rather than “no” or “that’s impossible”) will be at the top of our list.
* Manage to at least 99.9% uptime of the Restorationhardware.com sites and critical services
* Plan and monitor major production-level changes
* Define and track appropriate metrics that measure the health of the production environment
* Responsible for capacity planning and establishing a roadmap to ensure the infrastructure will continually scale
* Lead a team of very smart system administrators
* Maintain technical proficiency. Be able to assist with production work when needed, or personally resolve issues in a crisis.
* Manage vendor relationships and contracts
* Maintain and enhance all internal and external performance monitoring tools
* Manage Akamai (CDN), Gomez (Distributed Monitoring) and Adobe (Image CDN)
* Assess and harden production network and application level security
* Maintain and test a disaster recovery plan
* 5+ years working in a high-availability, production environment
* Several years experience leading a team of system administrators
* Hands-on proficiency with relevant technologies. We utilize a LAMP stack, with supporting Java-based services.
* Experience supporting common open source and commercial packages found in a web-based operation, like Apache, MySQL, Memcache, MQ, JBOSS, Oracle RAC and ATG.
* Prefer experience maintaining a global, web-oriented product where users have an expectation of continuous service
* Proven track record of scaling infrastructure quickly
* Comfortable with the fast-paced nature of fast paced and fast growing company.
* BS in computer science or related field
Restoration Hardware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, age, disability, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Business/Mgmt. jobs in San Francisco, CA
View similar jobs:
Business Analyst - Senior
Talentburst, Inc. - Foster City, CA
Advertising Project Manager
TMP Worldwide - San Francisco, CA
Project Assistant II
Talentburst, Inc. - San Francisco, CA
Locate this job: