Summary and Objectives
Seeking to find a role with next employer within the realms of career history and experiences.
Skills, Specialties, Expertise and Certifications
Team Management/Leadership (Both Military & Civilian Scenario) Field Team Management SKY TV installation Team Manager and Production Line Supervisor for Motorola (Cellular Division) Mobile Phone production.
6-Sigma, LEAN, TQM, WIP, Kanban, Quality Inspection & Auditing, 1-2-1 Appraisals.
Security Clearance (For Military Communications - TOP SECRET Codeword PV), Documents and Publications, Classified Materials & Equipment Security Cleared
||Team Manager, Team Leader, Supervisor
||Defence, Manufacturing/Production, Recruitment, Security
• HM Ships &Submarine Service).
• End of Service Engagement 2/1991 • In charge of Communications office reportable to Ships Communications Officer/Navigation Officer.• Comms/Wireless Telegraphy Office daily ops and comms planning/supervision and advice & support in Communications & operational requirements.• Supervision of Communications department, personnel, Rotas, training & duties.• Custodian of classified material, equipment and publications.• Ships Postman (Personal mail for crew and Classmat, Naval Parts and
• Education Ctts North Lincolnshire College BTEC Credit, C&G, NVQ in Tele/Datacomms, Optical fibre/Cable SDH/DWDM
Motorola,Cellular Divn- SMT
Production Line Supervisor
Sameday Courier Services
UK Mail – Lead Driver
• Courier contracted to to deliver / collect Orange mobiles to / from Orange Customers / Orange stores SKY In-Home Services – Cobra Installations & Custom TV
Sameday Courier Services
• Managing Paye & Independent CIS installers of SKY in-home/business services & Field work.• Surveying, Planning, monitoring & quality inspections on installations. & Service work.• Auditing engineers for H&S van/equipment checks and 1-2-1 Key Performance Indicator results.• Developing engineers to enable delivery of tasks using current/new arrival technology and ensuring team equipped for future operations.• Customer/SKY liaison – Post installs survey checks, complaints and damage notifications.
City Sprint,Sameday/Nextday UK/EU Courier Services
• Trading as “Nick Of Time Courier”. Self Employed courier purely as a gap fill job whilst job hunting for work using my previous career history/experiences.
Forbes Direct Ltd
• Installing, tuning & testing TV, Audio, VCR, DVD & White Goods for private and commercial customers. Customer liaison, training, instruction & advice.
Forbes Direct Ltd
• Through liaison with customers and company practices the surveying, planning & installation of Avaya telecommunications networks, CAT5E structured data cabling, optical Fibre to the desktop & P.A. systems for private and business customers throughout UK
02/1991 — 05/2001
• Working to Quality Management Systems ISO 9001. Responsible for up to 30 personnel in the quality production of cellular products.• Working to tight timescales and production targets Supervision of 2 Motorola projects from concept/prototype to completed product ready for shipping to Global Marketplace customers. (Worlds first flip phone “Motorola Startac”) • Training coordination and motivating team for operational flexibility to produce quality results.• General admin, report writing. First
• City &Guilds- MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Publisher, Databases, Outlook & IE)
Lord Williams School
• GCSE & CSE: Maths, English, Physics, German Lang, Woodwork, Art & French, Tech.Drwg., Enviro.Studies, Geography, History
HM Ships &Submarines Radio Communications Systems
• Campaign Falkland Isles 1982 on HMS Splendid – Campaign Medal (with rosette)
• Job Description Communications Manager HM Ships & Submarine Service.• Radio Supervisor (Communications Management) in charge of Communications office reportable to Ships Communications Officer/Navigation Officer.• Comms/Wireless Telegraphy Office daily ops and comms planning/supervision and advice & support in Communications & operational requirements.• Supervision of Communications department, personnel, Rotas, training & duties.• Custodian of classified material, equipment and publications.•
• Recognition Achieved Exemplary
• Discharge Status End of Naval Service agreement
More Additional Info
• Languages: French, German
• Software: Microsoft Office, Microsoft Publisher
• A very adaptable and flexible individual willing to undergo any training to fit in with operational and work programmes/processes required.
• Solid conscientious, hardworking and resourceful performer whether leading a team or as a team member.
• A multi-skilled individual with multi-disciplinary experience and a strong will to deliver.
• Excellent communication, negotiation, technical and inter personal skills.
• Goal oriented and business focussed with the ability to analyse, plan, implement and measure progress (Working with adherence to Quality Management System ISO 9001).
• A flair for organisation with the stamina and ability to work under pressure within a fixed budget. High level of communication, counselling, and customer interface skills.
• Skills • MBA – Business Management • Motivational Leadership/Management (Forces/Civilian Arenas) • Qualified Submarine Systems • Radio Communications Theory & Principles (LF to SHF) • Teamwork • Flexibility • ISO 9001 • 6-Sigma • LEAN • WIP • Kanban • JIT • 1-2-1 Appraisals • Quality Assurance • Quality Inspection • SMT (Surface Mount Technology) • Fujitsu/Siemens SMT • 100% Total Customer Satisfaction • First Aid • H&S • Ladder work at heights • PPE • Qualified SKY Installer • NSRWA • IOSHH
• Disciplinary Action None
• Language German (read, write, speak)
• Last Used
• Intermediate 5 years +
• Last year