Digital Media/Events Specialist Job Listing at Rice University in Houston, TX (Job ID Requisition Number 14244 )
Under the supervision of the Department Administrator and Department Chair, the Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE) Digital Media/Events Specialist serves as the primary staff member responsible for establishing, monitoring and maintaining the department's image and public presence, including on the web and through social media. The Digital Media/Events Specialist position has two main responsibilities.
First is to develop and implement a web and social media strategy for the department and its various groups. The Digital Media/Events Specialist will produce and post online content in a content management system, various social media outlets, using several different applications such as Adobe Dreamweaver, Adobe Photoshop and some HTML hand coding as well as current Web standards, XHTML and CSS. Second is to manage the department events schedule for all ECE events and provide all logistical arrangements for events not managed by the group administrators.
Education Preferred• Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, or computer science.
• Degree from Rice University.
Preferred• Ability to work with and for everyone in the department. Physical Demands
Must be able to move event-related materials to and from event sites. Must be able to lift and carry 10 lb (plus) boxes. Must be able to get to other campus offices or events sites.
(e.g. Weekend/evening work, travel, inclement weather, hazards)
Pleasant office atmosphere. May have long periods using the computer. Some weekends and long hours will be required with special programs and events hosted by the department - approximately 4 per year.
$35,100 - $46,000
Job Posting Category
Eligible for Overtime
Regular work hours are between 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Eligible for Shift Differential
Not Shift Differential Eligible
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please provide a writing sample in which you describe the recent accomplishment of a faculty member that would be posted on the departmental website.
WEBSITE AND SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGEMENT
• Establishes, monitors and maintains a marketing strategy to help boost the ECE department's public presence and support the goal of becoming a top 10 department.
• Produces, edits, updates and posts online, news items for dissemination through appropriate media both internal and external in a timely manner with minimal supervision.
• Recommends appropriate strategies for developing new websites (internal or 3rd party development) and serves as liaison between faculty and 3rd party developers who have been contracted.
• Maintains departmental databases related to the public presence (alumni, affiliates, scholarship, etc.).
• Conducts and reports the results of online surveys as requested.
EVENTS MANAGEMENT• With the Visibility Committee Chair, develop and implement a visibility plan that dictates events management strategy.
• Manage the department's master event schedule in conjunction with the University and other departments' schedules.
• Manage the logistics for events not managed by group administrators.
• Develop and produce publicity materials for all department events maintaining a consistent theme and message across department groups.
• Create and maintain online registration systems for large events.
• Other duties as assigned.
Other Skills Required
• Proven knowledge of the web production process as well as social networking and social media optimization.
• Familiarity with content management systems, various social media outlets.
• Ability to use applications such as Adobe Dreamweaver, Adobe Photoshop.
• Ability to code in HTML.
• Knowledge of current Web standards, XHTML and CSS.
• Ability to complete multiple concurrent work assignments, set priorities and problem solve while encountering interruptions in a fast-paced environment while maintaining composure and concentration.
• Must be able to use work related computer applications including spreadsheets, word processing, forms management, publication applications, and Website content management.
• Excellent command of the English language, including grammar, spelling and punctuation - both written and oral.
• Expected to maintain a positive and professional demeanor at all times.
• Must be service oriented with a high attention to detail.
• Must have a mature attitude and be capable of making good decisions.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
View similar jobs:
Looking for Awesome Customer Service Skills!
HostGator - Houston, TX
Sr. UX Researcher
PROS - Houston, TX
Product Analyst - Houston, TX
The Reynolds and Reynolds Company - Houston, TX
Locate this job: