Lotus Notes Administrator Job Listing at Robert Half Technology in Lexington, KY
Robert Half Technology is teaming up with a local client in the Lexington area to find a candidate to work on a THREE (3) month project decommissioning Lotus Notes.
- Must have experience with an older release of Lotus Notes than the latest one (one of the version 4 releases, referred from this point as v4.x.) Experience with only newer releases will likely be a deterrent to successfully completing these tasks.
- Should have experience as a Lotus Notes Developer or Administrator.
- Preferred experience with project leadership on a Lotus "Notes" decommissioning project.
- Remove existing Lotus "Notes" databases from active use (i.e. "decomission them")
- Preserve content of databases by transferring that content to target location(s) identified as part of this effort which may include transferring content to cloud-based storage.
- Remove databases from storage systems in Lexington data center.
Tasks to be performed by the person(s) on this team include (but are not limited to):
1. Continue moving Lotus Notes email mailboxes to Google mail. This task will include:
a. Updating email distribution lists and mail to those that have not yet converted.
b. Developing an archive process and proceeding to archive mailboxes to Amazon Glacier storage.
c. Maintaining documentation of the migration to external storage.
2. Identifying Lotus Notes DBs that are associated with some work flow, are process-oriented, or are stand-alone databases. This task will include:
a. Identifying the interconnections and dependencies of DBs.
b. Which DBs fulfill any key business processes?
c. Which DBs contain, or are part of, complex work flows.
3. Review and recommend options for converting non-email Lotus Notes DBs to other database types or document types for business to use (business important and personal DBs only).
4. Work with:
a. I/T Security, which has additional sorting and searching routines to complete and provide databases for removal.
b. Business and CoCs and CoEs to understand the work effort to add Buisness Critical and Business Important DBs to any Continuous Improvement (CI) and/or roadmap projects.
5. Monitor and periodically report on the progress of the above tasks and the overall "decommissioning" effort using the "Quest" tool and any other relevant tools.
If you feel that you posses the skills above, please contact Chuck Wirtz with Robert Half Technology at firstname.lastname@example.org, 513.621.6890.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:IT-Support/Administration jobs in Lexington, KY
View similar jobs:
Technical Support- Work From Home
Kelly Services - Lexington, KY
Senior Business Reporting Developer
Lexmark - Lexington, KY
PC Support Technician
Florida Tile, Inc. - Lexington, KY
Locate this job: