Apply on Company Website
More information about this job:Overview:
To manage the day-to-day operations of a rue21 store; reports directly to the Store Manager.Responsibilities:
- Develop initiatives to drive and maximize store sales to achieve goals.
- Control and minimize shrink to meet company expectations.
- Plan and control payroll within budget.
- Manage a store team of approximately 10 part-time and full-time sales associates and/or stockpersons.
- Foster a positive work environment that encourages feedback and innovation.
- Motivate Associates to achieve their maximum potential.
- Communicate both verbally and in writing with all Associates, peers, and supervisors.
- Establish, teach, and demonstrate exceptional customer service.
- Provide Associates the tools necessary to ensure customer satisfaction through training, development, and example.
- Provide positive resolutions to challenges and complaints from customers.
- Maintain company standards for cleanliness and organization.
- Execute company directives for product placement, display, and signage.
- Maintain company standards through compliance with all policies and procedures.
- Achieve accuracy in executing markdowns, shipping, receiving, and cash control.
- Follow all safety standards to ensure a safe work and shopping environment.
- Recruit, develop, and retain qualified Associates to ensure staffing needs are consistently met.
- Utilize company training tools to fully develop Associate potential.
- Coach, confront, and counsel Associates to improve performance.
- Show initiative to assume additional responsibilities.
- Demonstrate ability to adapt to changes in direction and priority.
- Exemplify a “Whatever It Takes!” spirit.
- Demonstrated ability in a store management capacity to successfully operate and drive the sales performance of an apparel retail store.
- Minimum of 1-2 years store management experience required.
- Work a scheduled minimum of 43 hours per week. Weekends, holidays, and minimum of two nights per week are required on a rotational basis.
- Standing up to 8 hours
- Carrying up to 40 pounds
- Climbing ladders
- Balancing on ladders
- Bending at the waist
- Lifting up to 40 pounds
- Kneeling on the ground
- Reaching above the shoulder frequently