Apply on Company Website
More information about this job:Overview:
The primary role of the District Manager In Training is to provide leadership, management, and supervision of the store operations of multiple store locations within an assigned market. The District Manager In Training will plan, implement and follow up on all support center initiatives and processes within the market. This position is responsible for driving sales and profitability while ensuring the customer experience meets company standards. This position is responsible for teaching, coaching, and training leadership in the stores to ensure compliance with operational systems. This position is responsible for fostering a rue21 in-store-culture with a focus on the customer experience, associate development and exceeding support center sales goals and controlling expenses. To supervise a multi-store district of rue 21 stores to ensure customer satisfaction and profitable business growth.Responsibilities:
- Drive and maximize district sales to achieve goals.
- Control and minimize shrink to meet company expectations.
- Plan and control payroll within budget.
- Take appropriate actions to insure each store maximizes sales, minimizes asset loss, and conforms to budgetary requirements.
- Drive corporate initiatives with a focus on goal attainment and expense control
- Foster a positive work environment that encourages feedback and innovation.
- Motivate associates to achieve their maximum potential.
- Communicate both verbally and in writing with all associates, peers, supervisors and Support Center.
- Conducts store visits to ensure compliance, train, and provide feedback on store operations.
- Review results of each type of visit with store management to ensure compliance and development.
- Communicate in a clear, positive and professional manner designed to educate, inspire, motivate and direct behavior of all store level personnel.
- Demonstrate ability to plan and prioritize Company objectives.
- Properly manage time to ensure all Human Resource and operational deadlines are achieved.
- Effectively organize resources and communications to maximize personal and district performance.
- Supervise Store Managers through planning, assigning, and directing their overall functions.
- Establish, teach, and demonstrate exceptional customer service.
- Provide associates the tools necessary to ensure customer satisfaction through training, development and example.
- Provide positive resolutions to challenges and complaints from customers.
- Address complaints and problem solve when appropriate with the assistance of the Human Resources and or RD.
- Supervise stores to ensure Company standards for visual presentation, signage, cleanliness and organization are maintained.
- Consistently communicate as a field merchant to identify and maximize business opportunities.
- Develop partnerships with Center management to pursue and generate marketing opportunities to build the rue 21 brand.
- Utilize all available tools to supervise stores ensuring compliance with all policies and procedures.
- Supervise stores to achieve accuracy in executing markdowns, shipping, receiving, and cash control.
- Ensure stores follow all safely standards to safeguard the working and shopping environment.
- Communicate consistently with store personnel to insure understanding and compliance with standard operating procedures.
- Recruit, develop, and retain qualified associates to ensure staffing needs are consistently met.
- Utilize company training tools to fully develop associate potential.
- Coach, confront, and counsel associates to improve performance.
- Train store associates on standard operating procedures as well as State and Federal laws and regulations.
- Assess subordinates on positive performance and assist with formal performance evaluations.
- Administer the progressive steps of discipline to include verbal and written warnings. In addition, the DMIT carries out employment terminations following approval from Human Resources
- Interact regularly with all levels of store staff to gain insight on store morale and to gain suggestions from the store level on operational efficiencies and customer experience
- Show initiative to assume additional responsibilities.
- Demonstrate ability to adapt to changes in direction and priority.
- Exemplify a “Whatever It takes!” spirit.
- Extensive travel(up to 90%) from store-to-store, within a given geographic area
- Ability and willingness to travel overnight for training and/or business meetings.
- Ability to work varying days and hours, based on business needs.