Apply on Company Website
More information about this job:Overview:
To assist the Store Manager in day-to-day operations of a rue21 store; reports directly to the Store Manager.Responsibilities:
- Drive and maximize store sales to achieve goals.
- Control and minimize shrink to meet company expectations.
- Plan and control payroll within budget.
- Foster a positive work environment that encourages feedback and innovation.
- Motivate associates to achieve their maximum potential.
- Communicate both verbally and in writing with all associates, peers, and supervisors.
- Establish, teach, and demonstrate exceptional customer service.
- Provide associates the tools necessary to ensure customer satisfaction through training, development and example.
- Provide positive resolutions to challenges and complaints from customers.
- Maintain company standards for cleanliness and organization.
- Execute company directives for product placement, display, and signage.
- Maintain company standards through compliance with all policies and procedures.
- Achieve accuracy in executing markdowns, shipping, receiving, and cash control.
- Follow all safety standards to ensure a safe work and shopping environment.
- Recruit, develop, and retain qualified associates to ensure staffing needs are consistently met.
- Utilize company-training tools to fully develop associate potential.
- Coach, confront, and counsel associates to improve performance.
- Show initiative to assume additional responsibilities.
- Demonstrate ability to adapt to changes in direction and priority.
- Exemplify a “Whatever It takes!” spirit.
- Demonstrated ability, in a sales and customer service, or management capacity, in assisting the Store Manager to operate and drive sales, preferably in a retail environment.
- Work a minimum of 30 hours per week, with the ability to increase hours based on business needs.
- 1(+) years' apparel retail experience
- 1(+) years' experience in retail management