Apply on Company Website
Real Estate and Leasing
More information about this job:Overview:
Responsible for performing desk top audits of invoices and reconciliations to ensure accurate payment of all real estate occupancy costs consistent with lease obligations. The Lease Auditor will be responsible for disputing overcharges and negotiating settlement of disputed items.Responsibilities:
- Process Monthly Recurring Check Run and % of Gross Sales Check Run
- Review Landlord requested increases to common area maintenance, insurance or tax escrows (i.e. budget changes) and either approve or challenge such changes based on guidelines determined by Manager of Lease Auditing and Analysis;
- Perform desktop audits on all year-end reconciliation statements received from Landlords for occupancy expenses including CAM, insurance, real estate taxes, HVAC charges, and percentage rent; request reconciliations from landlords when not sent as required by lease.
- Use effective communication and negotiating techniques with Landlord representatives to collect overcharges and remedy incorrect, improper or excessive billings.
- Calculate and ensure appropriate payment of percentage rent situations: analyze invoices, check breakpoints and Lease year calculations, verify Landlord calculations; resolve discrepancies.
- Set up New Stores/Relos for payment in a timely manner; verifying payments, contact information, co tenancy status and critical dates.
- Perform annual Co-tenancy reviews
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance or Lease Administration
- Three+ years' experience in lease administration
- Understanding of commercial real estate lease provisions, preferably relating to retail shopping centers
- Prior retail experience preferred
- High degree of proficiency in MS Office Suite, Outlook Internet applications
- Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, and presentation skills
- Ability to operate independently while establishing strong working relationships with co-workers and cross-functional teams
- Strong, professional and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to foster a positive and motivating work environment, encouraging feedback and innovation
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail and deadlines
- Ability to adapt well to change in direction and priority in a fast- paced and deadline-oriented environment