Apply on Company Website
Food & Beverage, Retail
About Blackhawk Network
Blackhawk Network is a leading provider of prepaid and financial payments products for consumers and businesses. The company’s Gift Card Mall™ offers the industry’s most popular prepaid gift card and telecom products. Gift Card Mall reaches more than 165 million people each week through an exclusive network of leading grocery, big box, convenience, drug, and specialty stores and is available through Internet retailers including GiftCardMall.com. Blackhawk Network’s business solutions include reward and incentive programs that offer choice and flexibility through a wide array of card brands and custom designed Visa and MasterCard fulfillment options.
Headquartered in Pleasanton, California, Blackhawk Network, Inc. has offices in the United States, Australia, Canada, France, Japan, Mexico and the United Kingdom. For more information about Blackhawk Network visit www.blackhawknetwork.com and www.gifcardmall.com .
Follow us on Twitter http://twitter.com/GCMall and on Facebook: http://bit.ly/GCMall
Senior Network Engineer
- Proven experience designing, deploying, managing and supporting world-class network environments based on Juniper routers and Juniper Netscreen firewall hardware and software - with a minimum 5 years experience.
- Solid understanding of industry-standard network design principles and best practices.
- Extensive, hands-on experience configuring routers, switches, firewalls, load-balancers etc.
oJuniper routers, switches and firewalls
oF5 Load Balancers
oCisco Catalyst 6509E
o9124 FC Switches
- Expert level knowledge of all common routing protocols, including but not limited to OSPF, EIGRP, IGRP, OSPF, BGP, RIP v1, RIP v2 and MPLS.
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP network protocols, including common application protocols.
- Knowledge of all common Layer 7 protocols, including but not limited to Telnet, SSH, HTTP, HTTPS, SNMP, SMTP, FTP, NTP, and DNS.
- Experience working with design, configuration, deployment and management of MPLS-based networks.
- Strong understanding of HA protocols and network-based Data Center failover techniques.
- Strong understanding of network security including but not limited to 802.1X, encrypted protocols, subnets and VLANs.
- Proficient in managing Spanning-tree, HSRP, and VRRP.
- Self-starter with the ability to gather requirements and produce results with minimal managerial input. Natural ability in troubleshooting, and eager to learn technology outside of core job responsibilities.
- Experience with PCI and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
- Ability to solve problems quickly and automate processes.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Ability to lead and manage other Network engineers.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; capable of writing proposals or papers, and acting as a vendor liaison.
- Perform activities required to deploy and support a mission-critical IP network with connections to many partner companies, and supporting gift card and other financial transactions requiring 24x7 availability:
oLogical and physical network design; network architecture a plus
oSpecification and procurement of network circuits
oHardware installation and maintenance, including lifting up to 50lbs to heights of up to 6ft
oConfiguration and maintenance of network component software
oConfiguration and management of network monitoring
oPerformance analysis and capacity planning for network circuits/devices
oFirewall and router configuration
oIdentification, diagnosis, and resolution of network problems
- Stay abreast of new technologies and recommend adoption as appropriate.
- Identify areas for automation of other process improvements, making best practice recommendations.
- Train and mentor junior team members.
- Participate in team on-call rotation.
- Assist in establishing and enhancing regulatory and compliance processes.
- Maintain asset information and other network documentation.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or similar from a regionally accredited university.
- Minimum of 10 years Network Engineering experience.
- Key certification(s) from industry leaders in networking technology such as Juniper, Cisco, Foundry etc.
- Team lead and project management experience.
- Background in financial services or payment networks a plus.
Blackhawk Network is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Blackhawk Network believes that diversity leads to strength.