Apply on Company Website
San Jacinto Methodist Hospital, located 35 miles southeast of Houston, is the area's only full-service hospital offering specialized medical care for patients at every stage in life. This 275 bed hospital with over 8 operating suites, and over 1,600 employees, brings Medical Center excellence and quality care close to East Harris and surrounding counties.
This job description emphasizes the criteria expected in the performance of the Shift Coordinator job. He/she will perform any job-related duties as assigned.
PATIENT AGE GROUP SERVED
The Shift Coordinator does not render age appropriate care.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Oversees the overall operation of a particular shift of the laboratory.
2. Supervises employees on shift and ensures tasks are performed efficiently and accurately. Offers assistance to coworkers.
3. Able to work in all areas of the laboratory.
4. Communicates all shift problems to the appropriate individual when follow-up on another shift is required.
5. Addresses problems with employees on shift in a professional manner; uses appropriate corrective discipline when indicated.
6. Reviews results on daily basis of lab work turned out on previous day when requested by Technical Specialist. Looks for incomplete reports.
7. Assists Lab Manager and Director in handling physician related issues. Follows up in a timely manner.
8. Assists the Director and Manager in evaluating employees.
9. Upholds I CARE values and ServicePride Standards of both the Laboratory and Hospital.
10. Follows proper Safety Protocols as set forth by Lab and Hospital.
11. All other duties as assigned by management.
1. High School Diploma or Equivalent AND
2. Doctorate from a College in a related field and 2 years experience in a Clinical Laboratory setting OR
3. Ten (10) years experience as a Medical Laboratory Technician from an accredited program AND successful completion of a recognized registry in Medical Technology or Clinical Laboratory Scientist OR
4. Bachelors Degree in Medical Technology from an accredited school AND five years experience as a Medical Technologist in a clinical laboratory AND
5. Successful completion of a recognized National Registry in Medical Technology (ASCP, ASMT, NCA or equivalent).
Two to ten years experience is required in a clinical laboratory based on education. See details under Education.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
ASCP, NCA, OR ASMT accepted.