SENIOR ECONOMIST Job Listing at Saudi Aramco in Saudi Arabia (Job ID 5238-Corporate Planning)
Description Saudi Arabia's national oil company, Saudi Aramco, is a fully integrated petroleum enterprise with operations in exploration and production, refining, petrochemical manufacturing, marketing and shipping, and has a work force of nearly 57,000 employees. It manages the world's largest proven oil reserves – about one-fifth of total global oil reserves – and the world's fourth largest gas reserves. Saudi Aramco is also the world's leading oil producer and exporter.
Saudi Aramco also owns and operates an extensive network of refining and distribution facilities, and is responsible for gas processing and transportation installations that fuel and feed Saudi Arabia's industrial sector. The Company also owns an array of international subsidiaries and joint ventures that manufacture refined and petrochemical products and supply them to customers worldwide.
Saudi Aramco continues to be one of the most successful oil companies in terms of developing oil, gas, refining and petrochemical projects; expanding oil and gas production; and continuing steady growth in all spheres of its activities. All of this is a result of Saudi Aramco's highly skilled multinational work force using cutting edge technology in all aspects of its operations.
Requirements Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Economics, Business Administration, Accounting, Financial Management or closely related specialty. Graduate Degree is desirable.
• At least 15 years of industry experience in the energy field – preferably in the oil, gas, refining and petrochemical industry. Consulting experience combined with at least 10 years of experience in those sectors could be considered.
• Proven ability to handle complex economic problems in a rigorous analytical fashion. The person will have achieved recognition as an expert in the field of economic analysis.
• Thorough understanding of the economic and business factors related to the oil, gas, refining and petrochemical industry with substantial experience of applying that knowledge to the evaluation of business opportunities.
• Sufficient understanding of upstream, refining, gas and petrochemical projects necessary to conduct insightful economic analysis of capital investments.
• Substantial exposure to large scale, high value capital projects.
• Solid understanding of the use and limitations of investment evaluations and optimization, as well as in-depth knowledge of modeling techniques and methodologies related to economic analyses.
• Sound knowledge of techniques used in evaluating investment decisions.
• Ability to look at a situation both from a general perspective as well as to penetrate into issues in-depth when required.
• Proven ability to interface and effectively communicate with management at all levels within the organization, especially senior management. Capable of spotting and reconciling conflicting views and interests among different parts of the organization.
• Strong written and oral communication skills. Able to communicate what are frequently complex technical, economic concepts in a clear and succinct manner to individuals and groups from diverse professional backgrounds.
• Hands-on person who will immediately command the professional respect of others who possess long-time practical experience of working in or serving the oil and gas industry. Person whom others, at all levels, will seek out for advice and counsel.
• Intellectually curious and keeps abreast of topics that affect the evolving energy markets, alternative energy developments, and global environmental and trade issues.
• Able to work effectively with the minimum of supervision on relatively unstructured tasks.
Responsibilities The Senior Economist will be responsible for assisting Corporate Management and other Company organizations in the following areas:
• Provides expert advice and guidance on the economics of Company investment proposals.
• Participates in the economic analysis and review of upstream, midstream, downstream, gas, petrochemical and power and water utility projects. Evaluates and prioritizes alternatives and trade-offs.
• As a senior advisor on economics, helps vet economics of complex projects estimated by other Company organizations and teams, including the evaluation of both 'company economics' as well as 'Kingdom economics,' including multiplier effects.
• Provides expert judgment, by way of thorough analysis on questions from management involving the economic and business issues impacting investments.
• Performs periodic revisions to the economic analysis methodology used to evaluate investment opportunities and incorporate cutting edge analysis techniques.
• Advises on the main economic premises to be used when evaluating capital projects (i.e., Weighted Average Capital Costs of the Company, Adjusted Present Value (APV), inflation rates, etc.).
• Advises on financing issues related to capital projects in all Company businesses.
• Regularly interacts with other professionals in various Company organizations involved in capital planning and economic analysis.
• Assists in the training, development and mentoring of younger staff.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Energy jobs in Saudi Arabia