Apply on Company Website
Position Overview SCA Americas Supply Chain businessis currently searching for an Electrical Engineer - Controls Specialist;
this position will be located at our manufacturing facility in South Glens Falls, NY. The Electrical Engineer
will be provide technical leadership with self-initiated projects. S/he will support manufacturing activities with expertise and leadership in solving and improving the processes and procedures at the site. The successful candidate must have the ability to handle a number of projects concurrently and be capable of quickly grasping applications as they apply to plant functions, and all projects should be safely delivered on time, under budget and with appropriate site involvement. SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Communicates with operating departments and engineering staff to determine problems and recommend solutions.
- Develops creative solutions and alternatives for specific electrical and control problems in manufacturing.
- Provide information/data and assist with development of investment proposals (IP's) and extraordinary (X/O's) maintenance proposals.
- Performs specialized design and layout of specific power and control/instrument systems
- Provides detail design direction to OEM's and consultants.
- Verifies detail design work.
- Develops conceptual plans and schedules for capital and repair projects based on management direction and departmental input.
- Specifies equipment and construction required to implement projects per construction specifications
- Works with purchasing to obtain bids and conducts value analysis, as well as cost estimates and budgets.
- Initiates purchase requisitions or contracts for equipment, labor and materials.
- Follows all purchasing standard operating procedures (SOP's) and minimum control requirements (MCR's).
- Manages projects requiring coordination between outside consultants, contractors and site personnel.
- Monitors and provide technical support for site personnel and outside contractors when necessary.
- Assists in check-out and start-up activities.
- Conducts post-completion audits of capital and repair projects.
- Reports project status to management and technicians as required.
- Keeps up with current technology related to computer control and instrumentation.
- Monitors the use of energy and makes project recommendations for the site.
- Works with the E-Save activities for the site.
- Manages the power distribution PM's for the site
- Mentors, helps develop and train the hourly Electrical/Instrumentation technicians.
- Practices models, and upholds SCA Core Values in all employment endeavors.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum five (5) years in an Electrical Engineering role, paper experience a plus
- Power distribution system experience helpful (switchgear, breakers, capacitors, load sharing)
- Variable Frequency Drive experience
- Programmable Controllers
- Project Management
- Ability to define electrical and instrumentation problems and present cost effective solutions
- Knowledge of electrical practices and codes, instrumentation and control logic necessary to be successful.
- Papermaking, de-inking, water treatment and Converting experience helpful
To Apply: Please submit a resume and cover letter following the application instructions included in this website.
SCA is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer, M/F/D/V.
SCA at a glance
SCA is a leading global hygiene and forest products company. The Group develops and produces sustainable personal care, tissue and forest products. Sales are conducted in about 100 countries under many strong brands, including the leading global brands TENA and Tork, and regional brands, such as Lotus, Libresse, Tempo and Libero. As Europe's largest private forest owner, SCA places considerable emphasis on sustainable forest management. The Group has about 36,000 employees and sales in 2012 amounted to SEK 85bn (EUR 9.8bn). SCA was founded in 1929, has its headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden, and is listed on NASDAQ OMX Stockholm. For more information, visit www.sca.com