Apply on Company Website
Position Overview The SCA Americas Supply Chain business is currently searching for a Sr. Mechanical Engineer
; this position will be located at our manufacturing facility in Menasha, WI. The Sr. Mechanical Engineer
will provide support of the Paper Mill Assets, project engineering and maintenance reliability efforts in a wide range of functions, including special projects, safety, capital expenditures, environmental compliance, and paper machine technology development. The individual willsupport theProject Management of major capital projects within Mill and grounds.
Main accountabilities and responsibilities:
- Uphold SCA's core values in every day actions: Respect, Excellence, and Responsibility
- All facets of project management and leadership
- Communicates with operating departments, maintenance and engineering staff to determine problems and recommend solutions
- Develops creative solutions and alternatives for specific problems in manufacturing and maintenance
- Keeps operations and maintenance involved and engaged in the development of each project
- Addresses all maintenance and operational issues pertaining to projects
- Develops accurate investment proposals (IP's) and extraordinary (X/O's) maintenance proposals
- Covers all environmental permitting and internal control requirements for construction and demo
- Provides detailed design direction for the drafter(s)
- Checks detail design work
- Develops conceptual plans and schedules for capital and repair projects based on management direction and departmental input
- Specifies equipment and construction required to implement projects
- Works with purchasing to obtain bids and conducts value analysis, as well as cost estimates and detailed budgets Initiates purchase requisitions or contracts for equipment, labor and materials
- Follows all purchasing standard operating procedures (SOP's) and minimum control requirements (MCR's)
- Manages projects requiring coordination between outside consultants, contractors, and mill personnel
- Perform other essential responsibilities as deemed necessary.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering field.
- Professional Engineer Certification preferred
- 4 + years experience in the paper industry or related industry
- SAP experience helpful
- Experience Troubleshooting and root cause failure analysis required
- Prior experience working in a process lab preferred
- Ability to communicate well, both orally and in writing.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Basic knowledge of Paper Making, Fiber prep, Process flow, Electrical power distribution, Wastewater Treatment principals and theory.
- Detailed knowledge of Metallurgy, Materials Applications, Mechanical Design, Contracts, Structural and Industrial Construction related concepts preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Project Software
- TRAVEL: Ability to travel up to 10% of time to domestic or international locations.
To Apply: Please submit a resume and cover letter following the application instructions included in this website. SCA is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer, M/F/D/V.
SCA at a glance
SCA is a leading global hygiene and forest products company. The Group develops and produces sustainable personal care, tissue and forest products. Sales are conducted in about 100 countries under many strong brands, including the leading global brands TENA and Tork, and regional brands, such as Lotus, Libresse, Tempo and Libero. As Europe's largest private forest owner, SCA places considerable emphasis on sustainable forest management. The Group has about 36,000 employees and sales in 2012 amounted to SEK 85bn (EUR 9.8bn). SCA was founded in 1929, has its headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden, and is listed on NASDAQ OMX Stockholm. For more information, visit www.sca.com