Financial Services Intern - Southeast Division Office Job Listing at Sherwin-Williams in Atlanta, GA
Chemicals, Consumer Products
Financial Services Intern - Southeast Division Office
Location: Atlanta District
City Search: GA - Atlanta, GA - Tucker
Job Code: 3585
# of openings: 1
This PAID internship offers corporate-level experience in wholesale/retail financial management and can lead to career opportunities in finance, credit/collections, operations management, and/or retail management upon graduation. You will have the opportunity to learn basic finance department operations, gain management skills, and increase knowledge in a variety of key business topics. Interns will also be exposed to S-W professionals in a variety of functional areas.
You will be tasked with one or more of the following projects:
* Completing financial analysis and credit limit reviews of key commercial contractors; credit limit review to include:
* Financial statement analysis
* Obtaining and updating trade credit references
* Creating a company overview/description of the business and its operations
* Analyzing key ratios to determine profitability, liquidity and likeliness of default
* Assisting with the development and implementation of a division accounts receivables portfolio risk analysis.
* Additional responsibilities shall include accounts receivables database maintenance and other tasks and projects as assigned.
To be considered for this internship, you should be a current college Junior or Senior, currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree. Candidates graduating between August 2013 and May 2014 preferred. Candidates pursuing a course of study in finance or accounting preferred. Candidates should have demonstrated leadership ability, problem solving ability, analytical thinking, time management, and the ability to work without direct supervision. Related work experience in finance or accounting or a related field preferred. Bilingual candidates welcome.
* Must be able to research and interpret financial statements used by corporations including the income statement, balance sheet, and cash flow statement.
* Must have excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills.
* Required experience with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
* Problem-solving and analytical skills
* Ability to be self-directed and able to multi-task
* Completed at least two full years of undergraduate education
* Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree is a business related field, preferably finance or accounting.
* Must have a valid Driver’s License
* Must be enrolled in an accredited four year college or university, currently pursuing a bachelors degree (preferred graduation dates: August 2013 to May 2014)
* Must submit to a background screening which may include driving, credit, and criminal history
* Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
* Must be willing to work all scheduled hours which may include evening and weekends, with or without reasonable accommodation. Must be available to work 28 hours per week.
The Sherwin-Williams Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, sexual orientation or any other consideration made unlawful by Federal, State, or Local Laws.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Finance jobs in Atlanta, GA
View similar jobs:
Analytics Consultant 3
Wells Fargo - Atlanta, GA
Director, Asset Management
American Cancer Society - Atlanta, GA
Senior Financial Analyst - Duluth, KS
Robert Half Finance & Accounting - Duluth, GA
Locate this job: