Banquet Event Server Job Listing at Snowbird Ski and Summer Resort in Snowbird, UT (Job ID snowbird-177217)
Banquet Event Server
Location: Conf. Services & Catering
Department: 110 - Conference Banquet Operat
Category: Available Positions
Apply To This Job
Return To List
*All job opportunities at Snowbird Ski & Summer Resort require the ability to comply with our Professional Appearance, Drug & Alcohol, and Employee Conduct Policies.
*Summer position, immediate start available. Able to work with P/T and F/T schedules.
$7.50/hr + tip pool
Under the direction of Banquet Manager, Assistant Manager & Banquet Captains
Present and serve food and beverages to the guests of Snowbird according to the Banquet Event Order. This position will provide service to a variety of events: continental breakfast, coffee service, lunch, dinner, receptions, and cash food events.
Position Functions / Areas of Responsibility
1. Service of Food and Beverage to the guest that exceeds their expectations and follows the standards of the department. Serves from the left and removes from the right in an open, friendly manner. Beverages are served from the right.
2. Set up and tear down of event according to Banquet Event Order.
3. Service of alcoholic beverages and monitoring guest consumption. Opens and pours wine with a professional style. Allowing guest to enjoy self without becoming intoxicated beyond control.
4. Reports to work on time and in proper uniform.
5. Monitors assets of Snowbird by proper breakdown of events, puts away unused requisitions, takes dirty equipment and linen to proper locations.
6. Knowing proper food items and temperature of such items for each event by reading Banquet Event Order and consulting with Captain. Completion of assigned side work.
7. Travel: None
1. Direct and continuous contact with guests.
2. Direct and continuous contact with co-workers, management, and other departments.
3. Must have the ability to interact at any time with guests and other employees in a pleasant manner and maintain good working relationships with others and all departments at Snowbird.
Education & Experience Requirements
1. High School Diploma or equivalent required.
2. 0-6 months of job-specific work experience with demonstrated competence.
1. Must be at least 21 years of age.
2. Food Handlers Permit & Tips Certification.
Skills & Knowledge
Food safety, wine service, alcohol service. Requires the ability to apply basic math skills when setting a room with food and beverage and cashier.
1. Shifts vary, may be early morning or late evening, weekends, holidays, depending on business levels.
2. Specific Shift: Irregular shifts and hours due to the nature of the conference business.
1. Must be prepared to stay overnight if necessary on occasional times of road closures.
2. May experience unusual stress from high business volumes, deadlines, continual work with public, winter conditions, snow night requirements and commuting to/from Snowbird.
1. Must be able to lift 30 lbs.
2. Must be able to carry trays and other items needed for service.
3. Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
4. Must demonstrate ability to bend, kneel, handle, reach, grasp and perform repetitive motions.
5. Work is subject to frequent interruptions making continuity and accuracy difficult, frequent exposure to noise.
6. Other/Additional: Requires lots of walking as events are held all over resort as well as outside on patios and mountain locations.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
Apply To This Job
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Hospitality/Restaurant/Tourism jobs in Salt Lake City, UT
View similar jobs:
Guckenheimer - Orem, UT
Guckenheimer - Provo, UT
Travel Emergency Room Nurse Job in Salt Lake City, Utah
Soliant Health - Salt Lake City, UT
Locate this job: