Sr. Database Developer - SNEI - SD Job Listing at Sony Electronics in San Diego, CA (Job ID sonyelectronics-25356)
Title: Sr. Database Developer - SNEI - SD
Location: CA-San Diego
Job Number: 25356Sony Corporation of America, based in New York, NY, is the U.S. subsidiary of Sony Corporation, headquartered in Tokyo, Japan. Sony is a leading manufacturer of audio, video, communications, and information technology products for the consumer and professional markets. Its motion picture, television, computer entertainment, music and online businesses make Sony one of the most comprehensive entertainment and technology companies in the world.
SNEI Database Services Department is looking for a dynamic database
developer. As a senior developer on the
Database Development Team, you will be responsible for developing efficient,
scalable, highly available features for the Sony Entertainment Network. You’ll
thrive on being involved at all levels: executing on technical tasks is
essential to short-term success, but influencing at the higher levels is
critical to long-term success.
Regular job activities include:
* Developing architectural approaches and verifying their suitability
throughout the SDLC.
* Taking features from concept through implementation to production.
* Improving platform performance
* Resolving platform issues
* Improving team and SDLC
* 7 years of relational database design and architecture (Oracle
* 7 years of database programming including triggers and stored
procedures (Oracle PL/SQL and Java preferred)
* 5 years of experience with tuning and optimizing database performance (Oracle
* 3 years in design/development of high-volume OLTP environments
* Excellent written and verbal communications
* Data governance and security experience
* Experience with noSQL database (Cassandra preferred)
* Linux familiarity, including scripting
* Understanding of network protocols and standards such as TCP, HTTP,
SSL/TLS - Understanding of modern SOA practices
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and thank you for your interest in SNEI.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Software Dev. - General/IT jobs in San Diego, CA
View similar jobs:
Sr. Software Engineer, Java - SNEI - SD
Sony Electronics - San Diego, CA
Web Methods Developer in CA
Spectraforce - San Diego, CA
Robert Half Technology - San Diego, CA
Locate this job: