Sr. Database Developer - SNEI - SD Job Listing at Sony Electronics in San Diego, CA (Job ID sonyelectronics-25356)
Title: Sr. Database Developer - SNEI - SD
Location: CA-San Diego
Job Number: 25356
Sony Network Entertainment International LLC (SNEI), a subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America, is the premier provider of digital entertainment. Through the Sony Entertainment Network portal, consumers around the world are able to access their favorite digital entertainment conveniently and instantly on their favorite connected devices. SNEI offers the latest and highest quality music, video, and game content through Sony Entertainment Network as well as PlayStation Network while also delivering third-party services. In addition, SNEI provides a compelling consumer experience through innovative content discovery features and a simple user interface that is globally consistent, yet locally relevant.
SNEI Database Services Department is looking for a dynamic database developer. As a senior developer on the Database Development Team, you will be responsible for developing efficient, scalable, highly available features for the Sony Entertainment Network. You’ll thrive on being involved at all levels: executing on technical tasks is essential to short-term success, but influencing at the higher levels is critical to long-term success.
Regular job activities include:
* Developing architectural approaches and verifying their suitability throughout the SDLC.
* Taking features from concept through implementation to production.
* Improving platform performance
* Resolving platform issues
* Improving team and SDLC
* 7 years of relational database design and architecture (Oracle
* 7 years of database programming including triggers and stored
procedures (Oracle PL/SQL and Java preferred)
* 5 years of experience with tuning and optimizing database performance (Oracle
* 3 years in design/development of high-volume OLTP environments
* Excellent written and verbal communications
* Data governance and security experience
* Experience with noSQL database (Cassandra preferred)
* Linux familiarity, including scripting
* Understanding of network protocols and standards such as TCP, HTTP,
SSL/TLS - Understanding of modern SOA practices
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and thank you for your interest in SNEI.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Software Dev. - General/IT jobs in San Diego, CA
View similar jobs:
Associate Software Engineer
CA Technologies - San Diego, CA
Connexion Systems and Engineering - San Diego, CA
IT System Engineer Data Center
Intel Corporation - San Diego, CA
Locate this job: