Technical Program Manager- SNEI SF Job Listing at Sony Electronics in San Francisco, CA
Title: Technical Program Manager- SNEI SF
Location: CA-San Francisco
Job Number: 25569
Technical Program Manager
San Francisco, CA
Sony Network Entertainment International LLC (SNEI), a
subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America, is the premier provider of digital
entertainment. Through the Sony Entertainment Network portal, consumers around
the world are able to access their favorite digital entertainment conveniently
and instantly on their favorite connected devices. SNEI offers the latest and
highest quality music, video, and game content through Sony Entertainment
Network as well as PlayStation Network while also delivering third-party
services. In addition, SNEI provides a
compelling consumer experience through innovative content discovery features
and a simple user interface that is globally consistent, yet locally relevant.
Technical Program Manager
Location: San Francisco
The SNEI Entertainment Experiences Development Group is
charged with delivering next-generation network entertainment experiences -
across all media types (video, TV, music, games, and books) and across all
devices (TV, web, tablets, game consoles, Blu-ray players and
smartphones). The team is responsible for creating innovative and
engaging client experiences that delight the customer and generate
revenue. Are you a highly technical
program manager that can define and drive the client applications for these
next-generation network entertainment experiences? If so, then this position is
The SNEI Technical Program Manager will:
• Work with software developers to schedule development,
write functional specifications, and drive decision making to build amazing
experiences driven by network services.
• Act as overall lead in driving technical discussions
and solutions to business and/or customer requirements.
• Partner with other teams, organizations and
stakeholders across Sony, while managing all phases of the software development
lifecycle including design, development, testing, and deployment.
• Participate in initial requirements reviews, analysis
to assess technical complexity and determine required resources.
• Provide ongoing visibility into the progress, risks,
schedules, and timelines of the features in development.
• Negotiate features and functionality with third party
vendors and assess build/buy scenarios.
• BA/BS/BSE in computer science, math, or equivalent
• 5 years of Program Management and Project Management
experience with shipping service-driven user experiences
• Experience with agile development practices such as
test driven development, continuous integration, continuous deployment, and
• Strong communication, cross-group collaboration, and
• Prior experience as a software developer or tester
• Ability to manage a feature through the entire
development and release cycle
• Solid leadership skills and a passion for building
compelling, graphically rich consumer experiences.
• Comfort with proactively and independently driving for
results in small team environments.
• Familiarity with web development technologies and best
• Ability to travel and manage projects with distributed
resources sometimes in international locations.
• A highly technical software development background, as
a front-end developer using an object-oriented or prototypal language.
• Direct experience with e-Commerce systems and business
• Possession of a heavy arsenal of NERF weaponry
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally
protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the
U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic
information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower
employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in
contacting us and thank you for your interest in SNEI.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Software Dev. - General/IT jobs in San Francisco, CA
View similar jobs:
Intern, Software Engineer
Rakuten LinkShare - San Francisco, CA
Web Developer 5 (Sr Java Developer)
Wells Fargo - San Francisco, CA
Sr. Oracle E-Business Applications Developer
Wind River - Alameda, CA
Locate this job: