Clinical Resources Director Job Listing at St. David's Healthcare in Austin, TX (Job ID stdavids-109612)
Hospital / Healthcare, Health Products & Services
Clinical Resources Director
Job Type: Full Time
Location: St. David's Medical Center
Department: Corporate Employee Relations
Benefits: Benefits Package
Apply To This Job
Return To List
Voted "Best Large Employer in Central Texas"
St. David’s HealthCarehas been awarded #1 Best Places to Work in Central Texas by the Austin Business Journal for 2007, 2008 and 2009. In addition, two of our facilities have been awarded Texas Nurse Friendly by the Texas Nurses Association.
RN IS REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
Responsible for working with the Division Supply Chain Team to implement the strategic direction of Supply Cost Management within a facility. This position is responsible for reviewing and optimizing the current GPO contract portfolio, developing and executing product standardization with a facility in conjunction with the Division Supply Chain Team. This position is responsible for building strategic alliances with Hospital Executive staff with emphasis on the COO, CNO and Clinical Department Directors at it relates to successfully executing the Supply Chain Operations Plan.
DUTIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO
* Develops and implements strategies and processes for reducing supply expense/adjusted admission.
* Develops and implements product standardization and utilization.
* Monitors utilization and cost data and identifies waste.
* Develops and facilitates clinical product committees to reduce the number of SKUs by standardization, increase product quality, evaluate processes and introduce new products.
* Actively interacts with the clinicians performing the departmental tasks to identify improvement opportunities and develop/implement continuous quality improvement process regarding supply/labor practices and recommends cost reductions.
* Actively participates and communicates with Medical Staff and clinical staff to monitor, communicate, and make improvements to utilization profiling.
* Actively participates, communicates and educates all affected departments, physicians, and medical management personnel regarding product and procedure changes.
* Maintains and communicates financial and performance measurements as gauge of standardization/utilization success.
* Collaborate with physicians in identifying and implementing improvements and standardization.
* Measures and continuously verifies process improvements and cost savings.
* Demonstrates knowledge of occurrence reporting system and utilizes system to report potential patient safety issues.
* Practice and adhere to the "Code of Conduct" philosophy and "Mission and Value Statement"
* Perform other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* Demonstrated leadership skills.
* Demonstrated organizational and communication skills.
* Proficient in the use of spreadsheet and word-processing applications.
* Functional working knowledge of clinical and surgical supply and SKU maintenance processes.
* Demonstrated quality improvement implementation skills with regard to clinical processes and SKU management.
* Ability to communicate with physicians and other clinical healthcare professionals.
* Understanding of utilization and productivity in a variety of clinical settings.
* A Bachelor's degree preferred
* A minimum of five years experience as a nurse in acute care setting
* RN required
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs. On a frequent basis; pushing and pulling of up to 50 lbs. on occasion; required eye/hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate clinical equipment, keyboard, photocopier, telephone , calculator and other office equipment; requires some bending, stooping and stretching; requires normal range of hearing and eye sight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports; exposure to toxic, caustic chemicals and detergent; exposure to dust, fumes and helicopters; repetitive arm/hand movements; acuity both far and near. Staff must remain flexible and available to provide staffing assistance for any/all disaster or emergency situations.
Apply To This Job
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Healthcare jobs in Austin, TX
View similar jobs:
Smile Brands - Austin, TX
Part Time Registered Dental Hygienist
Pacific Dental Services - Bee Cave, TX
Pacific Dental Services - Cedar Park, TX
Locate this job: