Registered Nurse - CCU Job Listing at St. David's Healthcare in Austin, TX
Hospital / Healthcare, Health Products & Services
Registered Nurse - CCU
Job Type: PRN
Location: Heart Hospital of Austin
Department: Critical Care
Apply To This Job
Return To List
This professional staff person is responsible for performing assessments, developing a plan of care, implementing and evaluating the care. The RN administers medications and treatments as ordered by physicians and in keeping with the current clinical nursing practice. The RN is responsible for directing, monitoring and evaluating the care delegated to non-licensed personnel. As a member of the interdisciplinary care team, the RN works collaboratively with the other members to assure the safe and accurate delivery of care. In addition, the RN performs a range of technical services in a cross-functional mode to comprehensively serve patient needs. Assumes, under the direction of the Laboratory, responsibility for patient specimen testing, quality control, quality improvement, and equipment maintenance.
– Completes admission assessment and periodic reassessments according topatient’s progress and/or unit protocols and age-specific parameters.
– Documents findings and communicates all pertinent information tointerdisciplinary team members as appropriate.
– Collaborates with interdisciplinary team members in the development,evaluation, and revision of the plan of care as appropriate to meet thepatient’s needs and goals.
– Provides competent direct care and ensures the provision of a safe andcomforting environment resulting in a high level of patient satisfaction.
– Assists healthcare team members in the understanding of hospital policiesand procedures.
– Provides education to patients/families/significant others, incorporatingage-specific criteria and assessment of readiness to learn.
– Maintains patient confidentiality.
– Maintains standard precautions.
– Administers medications and completes treatments according to hospital policyand within age-specific parameters.
– Maintains all necessary documentation.
– Facilitates discharge plan in collaboration with interdisciplinary team.
– Demonstrates knowledge and ability to use necessary patient care equipment.
– Coordinates response of the interdisciplinary team to emergency situations.
– Performs Point of Care procedures in a timely manner according to established policyand procedure. Documents required information and complies with all Point of Carequality control standards.
2. Staff/Unit Responsibilities:
– Delegates appropriately to non-licensed staff in accordance with jobdescriptions, license requirements, and standards of practice.
– Utilizes resources in an efficient and cost effective manner.
– Participates in developing other staff and affiliating students.
– Maintains and develops own professional competencies.
– Maintains unit-based competencies.
– Maintains and promotes a team spirit through active cooperationand collaboration.
– Assists in interdepartmental service coordination.
– Actively participates in the Performance Improvement andUtilization Review program.
– Assumes a leadership role in the maintenance of the patient-focusedcare delivery system.
– Assists in directing and guiding staff in the coordination of unit operations.
– Supports the multi-skilled worker environment (i.e., cross training).
– Demonstrates willingness to assist other areas of the hospital as needed.
– Cross-trains and willingly works in other areas of the hospital acceptingassignments within competency level.
– Effectively applies prioritization and time management to patient’s care.
– Assists in all aspects of care in the environment.
– Adheres to all policy and procedures.
– Ensures that a patient has a signed consent present in the chart prior to procedure.
Education:Graduate of a nursing program.
Licensure/Certification:Registered Nurse with current state licensure or licensure from a state within the Nursing Compact. BLS certification required within 30 days of hire. Successful completion of AHA approved course in ACLS withinthree monthsof employment required for all nursing areas except Executive Wellness and OR. ACLS preferred for OR and Executive Wellness nurses who cross train into other nursing areas. PALS or ENPC certification required for Emergency Room nurses withinsix months of employment.
Experience:Minimum of one-year adult, acute care with cardiology/cardiovascular nursing preferred.
Essential Technical/Motor Skills:Ability to manipulate various types of electronic and clinical equipment, adjust and troubleshoot monitoring equipment, IV infusions, and computer equipment. Ability to operate specialty equipment related to area of expertise and to perform computer tasks at a "user’s" level.
Interpersonal Skills:Must possess the ability to interact and communicate in English, both orally and written, with all levels of staff, physicians, patients, and families in an effective manner, exhibiting tact, enthusiasm, and patience. Must be sensitive to cultural and bilingual issues.
Essential Physical Requirements:
Registered Nurse transfers patient to perform medical duties. Requires vertically transferring patient weighing up to (50 lbs.) from (23") to (36"), up to (6/shift).
Registered Nurse transfers hardware and monitors from patient room to room. Requires vertically/horizontally transferring hardware and monitors weighing up to (25 lbs.) from (70") to (70"), up to (15/shift), a distance of up to (150 feet) without mechanical assistance.
Registered Nurse transfers patient in bed, EKG, pump, wheelchair, crash cart, stretcher, and medical equipment to perform job duties. Must horizontally transfer patient in bed, EKG, pump,wheelchair, crash cart, stretcher, and medical equipment requiring a force up to (40 lbs.), up to (15/shift), a distance up to (50 feet).
Registered Nurse must access medical equipment to perform job duty. Requires repetitive assumption of posture to access a point (1") from the floor, up to (6/shift).
Registered Nurse stands to perform job duties when indicated. Requires tolerance of standing posture up to (4 hours.), continuously, for a total of up to (7 hours) per (12 hours.).
Registered Nurse requires (Near/Far/Depth/Color) vision to use needles, orders, computer, electrodes, labels, medication and flow sheet.
Registered Nurse must access hospital and campus to perform job duties. Requires walking up to (3.0 miles), in (12 hours).
Registered nurse is required to operate injections, swan pumps, threaded parts and open unit doses to perform job duties.
Registered Nurse is required to use computer keyboard, mouse, and visual display for a total of up to (5 hours) per (12 hours).
Registered Nurse is required to hand write for a total of up to (5 hours) per (12 hours).
Registered Nurse is required to perform CPR when indicated to perform job duties.
Essential Cognitive Abilities:Possesses the ability to comprehend and interpret complex clinical subject matter related to the specialty and calculate in apothecary and metric systems for drug administration. Must possess the ability to document appropriate clinical information. Has the ability to interpret rules/regulations/accrediting and licensing standards sufficiently for implementation. Maintains concentration and organization while dealing with multiple issues. Possesses the ability to analyze data and formulate an appropriate plan of action.
Essential Sensory Requirements:Possesses the ability to respond to patient/family needs by interpreting verbal and non-verbal expressions.
Exposure to Hazards:Requires exposure to communicable diseases and potentially contaminated body fluids and bio-hazardous materials. OSHA Risk Factor: Category 1. Potential risk of physical injury due to moving machinery and supplies.
Age-Specific Criteria:Possesses the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to any age-related needs of the patients served on his or her assigned unit. Possesses knowledge of growth and development appropriate to the patient population served. Possesses the skills/knowledge to perform treatments and interpret data, including age-related care needed by the patient group.
Other:Knowledgeable of the mission, vision, and values of the hospital. Operates within the concept of patient-focused care. Evolves into an effective team member. Must adhere to dress code, good grooming and personal hygiene habits. Cognizant of and conforms to all hospital policies and procedures.
Apply To This Job
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Healthcare-Nursing jobs in Austin, TX
View similar jobs:
Community Health Systems - Cedar Park (Austin region), TX
HHA / Home Health Aide / Caregiver / Austin, TX / IntegraCare -
People First - Austin, TX
Registered Nurse - Med/Surg (FT Days)
Community Health Systems - Cedar Park (Austin region), TX
Locate this job: