HR Relationship Manager, WB Job Listing at Standard Chartered in New York, NY
Working directly with the business units' leadership team and HR colleagues, this role is responsible for driving bottom-line business performance through creating an effective, efficient organization where maximizing employee engagement is at the heart of every interaction. The role holder is responsible for the Wholesale Bank (WB) business, and the geographical responsibilities would extend to WB employees based in the Americas region (Canada, US, Mexico, Brazil, Colombia, Chile, Argentina, Peru) in partnership with the WB HR Relationship manager team. The role holder will have specific responsibility for WB client groups.
This role is critical in ensuring a strategic people plan is agreed and implemented within the Americas, aligned to the WB business strategy, Americas Priorities, and the HR Collective Agenda. The role holder will manage Employee Relations activity for their area of responsibility, working closely with legal counsel, where applicable, to effectively mitigate any litigation or reputational risk to the organization.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
• Proactively coach leadership teams within their area of responsibility both as a team and as individuals to drive business performance through high engagement.
• Develop and secure agreement to a strategic people plan which is aligned to the WB strategy thereby driving performance through organization design and a continued focus on the factors which drive engagement.
• Support line managers in configuring and deploying local and Group people policies, products, and processes to drive engagement thereby driving business performance
• Ensure a robust talent pipeline to meet the future needs of the function through managers identifying developing and appropriately stretching talent at every level.
• Collaborate with colleagues across HR (including specialists and Shared Services centres') and other functions teams, regionally, and in the network, to ensure continuous improvement in the function.
• Continuously review the WB Americas, and relevant WB operating models for alignment to the business strategy using all available data to assess effectiveness and demonstrate proactivity in surfacing and securing resolution to points of misalignment.
• Continuously review the WB Americas and relevant operating models for their cost efficiency and demonstrate proactively in surfacing and securing improvements.
Qualifications & Skills
Knowledge / Qualifications
• 8-12 years overall HR experience across specialist and/or generalist functions
• Understanding of the capital markets and investment banking industry, including key products such as Transaction Banking, Financial Markets (especially Fixed Income, Foreign Exchange, and Commodities), and Corporate Finance.
• Ability to understand financials (e.g. interpreting financial statements, budgeting, project accounting)
• Experience of organizational development including use of consulting tools and change models
• Ability to create a Strategic People Agenda with success measures
• Understanding of the various HR products and how to implement them within the region (e.g. engagement, performance management, compensation, recruitment)
• Understanding and practical experience of managing Employee Relations activities within a the US labor market, and Latin America e.g., hiring activities, redundancies, investigations & disciplinary process and external litigation.
• Strong facilitation skills at an individual and team levels
• Ability to coach and influence at an individual and leadership level
• Excellent communication : clear oral and written skills; effective questioning and active listening
• Stakeholder Management across a highly matrixed organization
• Networking : internally and externally
• Assertive, tenacious and willing to challenge when required
• Quick decision-making
• Highly driven, setting stretching goals for self, and continually pushing for results
• Ability to sell ideas in a clear and articulate fashion
• "Role models" the values, and demonstrates strong personal ethics in all decision making
• Takes psychological ownership to delivery deadlines on time, every time
• Strong team management orientation, working effectively in virtual International teams
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by registering or logging in to our careers website www.standardchartered.com/careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
Diversity & Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Standard Chartered is an equal opportunity employer. We have a meritocratic culture where each individual employee is valued and respected for who they are as a person and for what they bring to the organisation.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Human Resources jobs in New York, NY
View similar jobs:
HR Business Partner Associate - Client Businesses
BlackRock - New York, NY
Director - Executive Compensation
American Express - New York, NY
Admin/Human Resources Intern
Elegran - New York, NY
Locate this job: