Apply on Company Website
Job Summary and Mission
This job contributes to Starbucks success by assisting the store manager in executing store operations. This job assists and supervises a team of store partners to create and maintain the Starbucks Experience for our customers and partners. The incumbent is responsible for modeling and acting in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles. Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Communicates clearly, concisely and accurately in order to ensure effective store operations. Filters communication to the shift team as directed by the store manager.
- Contributes to positive team environment by recognizing alarms or changes in partner morale and performance and communicating them to the store manager.
- Demonstrates integrity, honesty, and knowledge that promote the culture, values and mission of Starbucks. Maintains and models a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events; continues to keep store operating to standard and sets a positive example for the shift team.
- Develops positive relationships with shift team by understanding and addressing individual motivation, needs and concerns.
- Engages in conversation with customers to understand customer needs and the needs of the community in which the store is located.
- Maintains regular and consistent attendance and punctuality.
- Models a customer comes first attitude, delivers legendary customer service, and supervises partners to ensure they are delivering legendary customer service.
- Responds to immediate store needs by utilizing external resources such as Partner & Asset Protection, Partner Resources and Food & Beverage.
- Reviews store environment and key business indicators to identify problems, concerns and opportunities for improvement in order to provide coaching and direction to the shift team to achieve operational goals. Communicates ideas to the store manager for broader areas of improvement.
- Supports store manager in implementing company programs by working directly with shift team to execute action plans that meet operational and organization objectives.
- Supports store operations by recognizing and reinforcing individual and team accomplishments through existing organizational tools and makes recommendations to store manager on new, creative, and impactful methods of recognition.
- Utilizes and provides direction to partners during their shift on the use of operational tools to achieve operational excellence. Acts as a coach and mentor to partners by using discretion in assessing performance, providing feedback and coaching to improve partner performance, and effectively recommending employment decisions to store manager.
Summary of Experience
- Progressively responsible retail experience (2 years)
- Customer service experience in a retail or restaurant environment (1 year)
- Experience in directing the work of others
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to act with a customer comes first attitude and deliver customer service that meets or exceeds customer expectations
- Ability to use discretion in providing direction to others
- Effective oral communication skills
- Knowledge of the retail environment
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Team-building skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Ability to deliver excellent customer service
- Ability to work as part of a team