Job Summary and Mission
This job contributes to Starbucks success by supporting or leading and producing accurate construction documents, including architectural drawings and material specifications, for new construction and renovations to Starbucks retail stores. Models and acts in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles.Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
Job QualificationsSummary of Experience
- Contributes to Store Development Business Goals with Construction & Real Estate by achieving target deliverables on number of stores and meeting all established deadlines. Designs stores within parameters of individual store budgets and market requirements based on direction from the design manager.
- Maintains regular and consistent attendance and punctuality.
- Manages the production of construction documents by designers and consultants. Mentors designers and asst designers and ensures intended scope of work, needs and code requirements are met on drawings. Checks drawings for design intent. Conducts site visits as needed under periodic guidance of the design manager.
- Participates in the architectural design process by assessing the scope of the project through review of surveys and deal documents. Develops schematic drawings and selects palettes under periodic guidance of the design manager.
- Participates in the execution of design strategy by reinforcing communicating design direction and changes to consultants. Identifies exceptions, proposes design solutions and resolves issues with manager.
- Participates with cross functional teams on individual store designs by participating in periodic schematic reviews with Operations and Design reviews under the guidance of the design manager. Participates in periodic market tours.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- CAD drafting using Microstation or AutoCAD software, including production of construction documents (5 years)
- Experience working in retail, hospitality, or restaurant design or development organization (5 years)
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability in 3D visualization and working knowledge of color and design principles
- Visual, written and verbal communication of design issues
- Ability to execute multiple designs under tight deadlines
- Ability to translate stated design principles / objectives into unique and varied store locations