Apply on Company Website
Job Summary and Mission
This job contributes to Starbucks success by leading the development of new products, product-related marketing opportunities and program management strategies for international Starbucks Card and Loyalty programs. Develops strategic assessments for products, and manages the product business against operating plans and budgets to achieve Starbucks financial and business objectives. With a focus on EMEA, Latin America and Asia Pacific markets, this role must build strong relationships across cross functional teams and multiple international markets to ensure projects remain on-schedule and are well executed. Models and acts in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles. Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
Job QualificationsSummary of Experience
- Coaches and mentors other category management partners. Assists category manager in the assessment of team members' performance and capabilities.
- Develops and manages product line business plans. Creates and presents the business case for new programs to support growth strategies and profitability targets. Makes recommendations or decisions regarding product objectives and strategy, positioning, pricing, packaging, promotions, advertising and product lifecycle. May provide information and direction for planning, forecasting and managing inventories across channels.
- Develops strategic assessments, including strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats, for products and programs. Identifies and quantifies specific product drivers in support of marketing calendar strategies. Initiates or suggests analysis of financial performance to influence strategic plans. Conducts and analyzes consumer research to determine new marketing and product opportunities and to validate new products and programs. Monitors the domestic and global marketplace for new product innovations, competitors, lifestyle trends and emerging technologies.
- Leads development of new products and product-related marketing opportunities, from concept through implementation strategies, for new and existing products, including nomenclature and packaging. Manages integrated launch programs for products, including product direction, marketing plans and store operations and supply chain requirements. Communicates product direction to internal and external partners.
- Manages project teams and timelines to deliver products and programs. May work with cross-functional partners to ensure the best available costs, terms and quality.
- Manages the product line business against operating plans and budgets. Tracks, analyzes and communicates product and program performance. Recommends action plans to address variances in category performance against annual plan.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Progressive experience in product or brand management, and financial understanding of a retail or packaged goods environment (5 years)
- Directly or indirectly creating marketing plans (3 years)
- Leading or assisting in development of product concepts, from conception through implementation (2 years)
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Working knowledge of financial planning, forecasting, assortment planning and inventory management