Locate this job
Job Summary and Mission
This job contributes to Starbucks success by developing cost-effective information technology solutions by creating new and modifying existing software applications that are more complex. Participates in requirements gathering activities. Reviews systems under development and related documentation. Creates more complex prototypes. Codes, tests, debugs, documents, and implements complex software applications. May coordinate activities of the project team and assist in monitoring project schedules and costs. Models and acts in accordance with Starbucks Guiding Principles.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Coaches and mentors other less experienced team members. Performs cross- training and facilitates information sharing among team members.
- Collaborates with team members to recommend new software development technologies and development processes.
- Designs, develops, implements, documents, and tests changes to an application subsystem. Codes, tests, debugs, documents, and implements complex software applications. Creates more complex prototypes and ensures deliverables are high quality and meet user expectations. Supports system and integration testing activities. Initiates design reviews for new applications and adheres to software development standards.
- Participates in systems planning, scheduling and implementation. Collaborates with project team to keep projects on schedule by coordinating activities, monitoring project schedules, and costs.
- Participates in, leads and mentors others in requirements gathering and functional specification activities. May assist Functional Analysts in completing deliverables and translates business requirements and functional designs into technical designs. Assist with development of functional designs and resolving complex design issues. May act as senior technical expert to consult with and analyze the business needs.
- Resolves and helps mitigate production application issues and assists less experienced application developers as needed. Works with other business and technology teams to support resolution of end-user inquiries. Contributes to the documentation of production support processes. Anticipates long term support issues and plans for corrective actions. May perform root cause analysis to identify permanent resolutions to software or business process issues.
- Working with application development leads, establishes, maintains and ensures compliance with standards for development, testing and documentation.
Summary of Experience
- Analyzing, diagnosing and proposing solutions to user problems (6 years)
- Application development and programming experience (6 years)
- Providing support to various business applications (6 years)
- Working with process owners and identifying information technology solutions that enable business process improvements (4 years)
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to quickly learn new application systems and technologies
- Knowledge of basic project management framework and methodology
- Strong proficiency in programming languages
- Ability to accurately estimate design and development timelines for application components
Starbucks is an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals, including minorities, women, veterans & individuals with disabilities.
Apply on company website