Locate this job
At Starbucks, mobile technology is transforming our customers’ experience in incredible ways. With tens of millions of mobile users and a significant and growing percentage of mobile transactions, we have interesting, real-world engineering problems to solve at a global scale, all while surprising and delighting our millions of customers (you, your friends, and your family) who use our Starbucks Mobile App as part of daily or weekly routine.
Our Mobile Engineering team is at the forefront of this innovation and is responsible for creating the best experience for customers wherever they go on their favorite mobile devices. This past year we have done a total overhaul of our mobile platform from the ground up which has allowed us to build and launch new exciting features to surprise and delight our customers like, Mobile Order & Pay and in the near future, delivery.
We are seeking a hands-on iOS Architect/Engineer who has a history of architecting, developing, and shipping large-scale consumer mobile products on the iOS platform in multiple geographies. We are looking for someone who is passionate about creating and building rich consumer experiences
Key Responsibilities of this role: What you will do
- Work closely with our product and design teams to customize the Starbucks experience for the iOS platform
- Implement custom native user interfaces using the latest iOS programming techniques
- Build reusable iOS software components for interfacing with the Starbucks platform
- Analyze and optimize UI and back-end application code for efficiency and performance
- Lead development team in architecture and coding patterns and best practices
- Key decision maker in application architecture guidance and project planning and execution
- Share knowledge with mobile development team with regard to the company's vision, opportunities, and challenges.
- Collaborate with other Development Leads (Android, Platform/API, .COM) on architectural vision and roadmap
What you will bring: What we are looking for
Summary of Experience
· 7+ years experience with Object Oriented Programming
· 3+ years experience with Objective-C & Xcode
· Worked on at least one publically-available app (please provide link to the app(s)
· Experience as a team lead, providing oversight and mentorship to a team of developers
· Expertise in architecting/designing/developing highly performant iOS applications
· Expertise building apps that communicate with RESTful services
· Expertise in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, complexity analysis, and debugging
· Experience implementing and/or consuming oAuth secured services desired
· Experience developing apps for both mobile and tablet Android devices desired
· Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
We’re looking for someone who has had these experiences and who has clearly demonstrated these skills:
· Knowledge of secure coding best practices is desired
· Experience working with mobile payment/eCommerce is desired
· Familiarity with Agile development and works well in a large cross-functional team
· Understands key benefits of test driven development and familiarity with unit test frameworks is desired
· Familiar with Apple iOS coding and human interaction guidelines is required
Starbucks is an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals, including minorities, women, veterans & individuals with disabilities.
Apply on company website