Apply on Company Website
"More than anything else, technology will pave the way for innovative change at Starbucks. The bulk of Starbucks’ innovation over the next several years will be technology-focused." - Howard Schultz, Chairman, President and CEO
Everyone knows Starbucks is a leader in coffee, but did you know we’re also cited as an industry leader in embracing innovative technology? Our Web, Mobile and API Engineering team is comprised of world-class technologists focused on building elegant and scalable applications that are used by millions across the globe.
Become a key part of bringing our strategic plan to life through emerging technologies and platforms. If you are driven by innovation and want to be a part of some amazing, industry-leading work, join us. What you’ll be doing…
Job QualificationsWhat you should have…
- Participate in the technical design, planning and execution of innovative, scalable, secure and robust applications
- Individually contribute to development tasks & code reviews
- Work collaboratively with product, design & engineering teams to ensure we're building the best products across all devices
What else we’d like you to have…
- Hands-on technical leadership experience.
- Solid understanding of application & web architecture and development
- Advanced knowledge of .NET framework, C#, ASP .NET MVC & SQL Server or other relational databases
- Expertise in engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control, build processes, test automation, continuous integration, and operations
- Excellent problem-solving, debugging, & performance tuning skills
- Ability to be good at being awesome
What are some of the great things about working at Starbucks?
- Experience with Scrum or other agile methodologies
- Understanding of how to make work fun while getting stuff done
- Passionate about current technology and new trends
- Exposure to or interest in a variety of technologies outside of the Microsoft stack including open source software and NoSQL
- A thorough understanding of the whole web stack: HTTP, cookies, caching & optimization techniques
- The opportunity to be something more than an employee (#tobeapartner)
- Commitment to the belief that we can balance profitability & social conscience
- Outstanding Seattle location
- Great benefits including 401k, stock investment, commuter programs, discounts, our new Starbucks College Achievement Plan, and other perks. Visit our site and LinkedIn profile to learn more about working at Starbucks and all of the great benefits.
Starbucks is an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals, including minorities, women, veterans & individuals with disabilities.