About SugarCRM, Inc.
SugarCRM enables businesses to create extraordinary customer relationships with the most innovative and affordable customer relationship management (CRM) solution on the market. By placing the individual at the center of its solution, SugarCRM is putting the 'i' in CRM and empowering people at all levels of an organization to better understand and engage with customers. Based in Silicon Valley, SugarCRM is backed by Goldman Sachs, Draper Fisher Jurvetson, NEA, and Walden International. More than 1.5M individuals in 120 countries rely on SugarCRM. To learn more visit SugarCRM or follow @SugarCRM.
We are looking for a Senior Public Relations Manager to oversee media relations, partner and product PR. Working with the company’s PR agency and Vice President of Corporate Marketing, the Senior PR Manager is responsible for cultivating and maintaining a strong corporate reputation and positive media coverage for our company. The ideal candidate will have at least 8 years of overall PR experience, with a combination of agency and in-house background in the software or technology industry.
We are seeking an energetic PR Manager with strong communications and writing skills, who is appropriately analytical and has a thorough understanding of the technical and business press. The candidate must have a true communications skillset to develop product and corporate messaging and understand the complete communications process from strategy to results. As a corporate spokesperson, this position will report to the VP of Corporate Marketing and serve as a key contributor for thought leadership across target industries.
- Drive company-wide communications plans and develop content to effectively communicate SugarCRM’s business and technology story across a wide variety of channels, such as print, online, broadcast and social
- Must be a strong storyteller and writer across all core channels: press releases, blogs, customer case studies, social media, executive presentations and other corporate collateral
- Consistently interact with senior management and executive levels across the company’s core corporate functional areas, working with the sales, alliances and partner teams
- Help manage PR agency deliverables on deadline and within budget
- Establish PR processes and metrics to generate high, steady volume of coverage and visibility
- Work with PR agency to develop, solicit and place contributed articles, bylines and other key mentions
- Help drive messaging to support major marketing and sales campaigns
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university, preferably in public relations or communications (MA optional)
- At least 8 years of PR experience and communications in the technology industry
- Significant experience in media relations and issues management, spokesperson training, strategic marketing alliances, product launches, corporate events,
- Optimal candidate has a background that includes both PR agency and in-house experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication expertise and superior organizational skills
- Must have a strong business acumen and can effectively communicate to C-level audiences
- Self-starter who can initiate and deliver, and does not wait for or require detailed direction
- Ability to commit to deadlines, strategize, plan, prioritize, and set timelines for key deliverables
- Drive delivery of work on multiple worldwide priorities concurrently and worldwide
- Ability to work seamlessly within the broader team to achieve desired results
- Knowledge of current best practice in PR and social media
- Experience and aptitude for using a broad range of PR Social Media tools to measure analytics and use these to drive branding and corporate awareness with key audiences
- Ability to creatively craft compelling stories and synthesize technical product information
- Must thrive in a fast-paced, aggressive communications environment that is results-driven and deadline-centric
- International/Global PR experience a plus
Location: Cupertino, CA.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: SugarCRM does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any SugarCRM employee. SugarCRM will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of SugarCRM and will be processed accordingly.
Who we are...
SugarCRM was founded in 2004. The company is headquartered in Cupertino, California with European headquarters in Munich, Germany and Asia Pacific headquarters in Sydney, Australia. We are pre-IPO, growing fast and always looking for the top talent. If you're looking for the excitement and feel of a start-up, but the stability and experience of a market leader, then you're going to love working at SugarCRM.
What is it REALLY like to work here?
- Open is at the heart of our business and our culture. You won't find cubicles here
- Management asks for everyone's ideas and problem-solving solutions
- Employees are closer to the customer's needs
- Entrepreneurial-spirited employees
- Collaborative work environment
- Ownership is the greatest self-identity at SugarCRM - you are making an impact now
- We are a merit-based company - many opportunities to learn, excel and grow your career
- Wednesday Lunch Demos
- Onsite Family Movie Night at our U.S. Headquarters
- Free onsite fitness classes at our U.S. Headquarters