Human Resources Director (173257-089) Job Listing at SunOpta, Inc. in Edina, MN (Job ID 173257)
Job Title: Human Resources Director
Reports to: Chief Human Resources Officer
Location: Edina, MN
FLSA code: Exempt
Partner with the business segment or functional leaders in support of the business and all employee related strategies and management requirements to ensure the business strategies and goals are met. Partner with the regional HR functional employees at all levels to ensure consistent practices, procedures and strategies are implemented and well managed.
Proactively partner with clients and recommend HR strategic solutions to improve critical business outcomes.
- Contribute to and implement established HR strategy for assigned clients to achieve business objectives and drive associate engagement.
- Lead talent management efforts for the client groups including talent acquisition, development, succession planning and calibration among management.
- Consult with managers and associates on items including talent development (Performance feedback, succession planning), performance management, facilitation of key compensation programs, employee engagement, employee relations, and talent acquisition of key roles.
- Coach and guide managers to increase their effectiveness as leaders including providing direct, honest and timely feedback.
- Coordinate and manage all workforce planning including strategic recruitment, screening, and interviewing of applicants for vacant positions, and providing guidance on selection and placement of candidates.
- Maintain organizational effectiveness through ongoing organizational design, analysis and implementation, and change management consulting.
- Drive the people strategy on significant organizational changes that include reorganizations, downsizings, acquisitions, factory moves and start-ups.
- Assist with communication and interpretation of HR policies and procedures.
- Develop and coordinate all aspects of communication relating to large-scale initiatives that have a broad based audience. Responsibilities may include preparing written materials and presentations.
- Stay current in general recent federal, state and case law changes and monitors labor law updates changes that affect HR.
- When at manufacturing locations always adhere to company GMP’s (good manufacturing practices), safety procedures (including prescribed PPE requirements) and all other quality processes.
- Generalist background with broad knowledge of employment, compensation, organizational planning, employee relations, and training and development. Well-developed administrative skills. Strong management skills—principles and people.
- Experience working in a Global organization, including interfacing with business leaders and HR functions around the world.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Strong listening skills
- High level of confidence, maturity and a strong ability to manage in a high intense, fast paced environment.
- Successful experience working in a matrix environment
- Effective influencing skills
- Experience with collective bargaining agreements
Bachelor's degree in Business, HR or related major required. MBA or equivalent advanced degree preferred.
Minimum ten (10) years' experience gained through increasingly responsible management positions within Human Resources, with minimum direct experience in multi-cultural environment. Experience in a multi-location, manufacturing environment is preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
Candidate must possess a strong working knowledge of HR practices in the manufacturing environment. Requires outstanding verbal and written communications skills; ability to multi-task; and deliver strong presentations. Ability to create momentum and foster organizational change. Bilingual in Spanish is beneficial. Must have a working knowledge of MS Word and MS PowerPoint software, and proficient with MS Excel software.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
View similar jobs:
KellyMitchell Group - Minneapolis, MN
Robert Half Management Resources - Minneapolis, MN
Recruiter - I
KellyMitchell Group - Minneapolis, MN
Locate this job: