Apply on Company Website
Consumer Goods, Food & Beverage
Position Title: Telecom/IT Engineer
Reports to: VP of Information Technology
Location: Edina Corporate Office
FLSA code: Exempt
Under minimal supervision performs technical support at Edina and remote support for other SunOpta locations as required. Owns, administers, and supports the mobile and office phones for all US SunOpta locations. Maintain local workstation assets. Trains end users in use of phone and computer equipment and software.
- Owner and Administrator of the SunOpta Verizon account
- Owner and Administrator of the Avaya IP Office systems
- Technical Support at the Edina location including help desk problem triage, resolution and recording.
- Procurement of computer and network equipment and software
- Local infrastructure support
- Installs hardware and software including operating system and office applications including: unpacking new equipment; installing and removing options in PC's; installing and configuring software; performing backups of workstations; preparing equipment for shipping; shipping equipment to remote sites; shutting down and moving workstations; cleaning and refurbishing equipment.
- Configures client workstations and assists with PC installations and swaps.
- Configure Printers (network, local & multifunction)
- Provides end user support and obtains technical support, as required.
- Create and maintain technical documentation.
- Administering corporate workstation assets by tracking computer equipment using appropriate asset management database, tagging equipment with asset tags, perform physical inventory as necessary.
- Provide end user support for Bar Coding system (hand held devices,
- Create and maintain Exchange server users info
- Maintain Active Directory by site
- Provide end-user support by providing limited desk side training in operating hardware and software.
- Repair/upgrade all computer equipment to include troubleshoot and fix problems on PC’s, troubleshoot and fix problems on printers, respond to Help Desk dispatch.
- Provide Support for Bar Coding System, including Hand Held device configuration, Label Printer Configuration
- Assist administration of Ricoh Copier, Scanner, Fax solution
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent
- Knowledge/troubleshooting of Windows operating system, network printing, Microsoft Office applications.
- Knowledge of Windows Active Directory
- Knowledge of Microsoft Exchange
- Knowledge of PC’s software and hardware
- Knowledge of IP networking
- Excellent interpersonal skills; customer-focused
- Ability to manage priorities
- Highly organized
- Ability to troubleshoot mobile device, IP Phone, PC and printer problems
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Provide timely end user support
- Must maintain high level of service while assuring strict security
On call duties overnight and weekends as required