Locate this job
The Driver is responsible for providing safe, timely and courteous transportation for residents to and from various activities while providing quality service.
- Assists residents with any special needs during transportation; such as carrying packages, opening doors, assisting residents onto and out of the vehicle and to the point of destination.
- Provides miscellaneous pickup and delivery services as needed.
- Coordinates the activities of other Sunrise Senior Living team members who are performing in a driver assistance role, “spotter” or resident care capacity.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have appropriate federal and state license such as a CDL (commercial driver’s license) and chauffeur license and/or applicable license per state regulation with an acceptable driving record in accordance with Federal Department of Transportation (DOT) and state regulations.
- Must be knowledgeable of all safety precautions and comply with safety procedures.
- Ability to react calmly in emergency situations and be considerate.
- Ability to operate a chair lift and secure regular and mechanical wheelchairs and scooters.
- Ability to work semi-independently without direct supervision by following all community procedures and the ability to follow through on assigned tasks, and demonstrate initiative.
Apply on company website