Oncology Clinical Nurse Specialist (Full Time - Days) Job Listing at Sutter Medical Foundation - Central in Sacramento, CA (Job ID SMF-C-1213197)
Sutter Medical Foundation (SMF) provides services to patients requiring Medical and Surgical Oncology Care. SMF works in partnership with Sutter Medical Group and Sutter North Medical Group to deliver care throughout the SMF Service Area. SMF also works in partnership with Sutter Health Sacramento Sierra Regional Oncology Service Line affiliates and programs. The SMF Oncology Clinical Nurse Specialist will be responsible for the development and implementation of Regional Nursing practice that promotes a patient centered approach. The CNS will represent SMF in the development and implantation of the BEACON module of the electronic health record.
Oncology Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) is responsible for designing, implementing, and assessing oncology nursing practice and its impact on patient outcomes. The CNS’s scope of practice includes functioning in an advanced clinical practice role. The CNS responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Oversees SMF Clinical Oncology Nursing Practice
· Develops and Implements Patient Education Programs for Oncology
· Leads quality and process improvement for the Oncology Service line.
· Facilitates Patient and Family Centered Oncology Services
· Lead adoption and optimization of the electronic medical record.
· Facilitates patient and family centered care model.
Serves a Clinical Role Model.
MINIMUM POSITION REQUIREMENTS
· A current CA Registered Nurse and CNS license to practice as a CNS in the State of California required. Master’s Degree in Nursing required. Oncology Nurse Certification (OCN) required.
Must have current clinical experience in Oncology in complex nursing care.
Prior experience demonstrating the ability to work with minimal supervision, development of policy and workflow efficiency.
Hands on experience in care of person’s with cancer required
Experience in nursing staff training and education. required
Experience with multidisciplinary teams is required
Experience in tumor boards and other cancer related administrative processes required
Experience in working with Quality Improvement is required.
Experience in ambulatory Oncology Nursing is strongly encouraged.
Must possess excellent public relations skills including effective oral and written communication and positive negotiating skills.
Grant writing and grant management experiences is preferred
Budget development and management experience is preferred.
· Knowledge of cancer management is required.
· Knowledge of electronic medical record functionality and work flows is required
· Demonstrated knowledge of program planning and interpersonal skills is required.
· Knowledge of adult education theory required
· Knowledge of Oncology Certification Processes required.
· Special Skills/Equipment:
Five (5) years Oncology experience, excelllent interpersonal skills communicating with a wide
variety of audience. Familiarity with PC base software. Effective as a change agent with the ability
to influence practice for positive patient outcomes without direct accountability. Demonstrate
initiative and appropriate degree of self direction. Demonstrate ability to collaborate and facilitate
groups for specific clinical outcomes. Ability to design, implement and evaluate programs of care
to enhance patient outcomes.
· Demonstrated ability to be self directed and be able to act independently, demonstrating sound judgment is required. Ability to exercise discretion and make independent judgments, seeking review when decisions represent significant departure from established guidelines.
· Demonstrated ability or commitment to become proficient at the mentor level in the use of the electronic medical record.
· Demonstrated leadership abilities and program development are required.
· Demonstrated ability to implement new programs, process improvement, quality processes and techniques.
· Ability to interact effectively with key internal and external constituents using collaboration, conflict resolution, negotiation and analytical problem resolution skills.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
· Effective group facilitation and teaching skills.
· Interest in providing services to community, which includes outreach education to various institutions and organizations, is required.
· Computer experience to include spreadsheets, word-processing, database management
· Grant writing skills preferred.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Healthcare-Nursing jobs in Sacramento, CA