Applications Report Writer 3 Job Listing at SutterHealth in Sacramento, CA
Creates complex database reports based on end users specifications or requirements. Provides analytical and technical support for complex requests, projects, or initiatives. Manipulates and presents data in appropriate format. Gathers report objectives, data required, and specifications. Extracts data, runs reports from existing library and creates new reports or modifies existing reports as appropriate. Determines if programming is required and creates specifications for developers. Performs data validation to ensure reports are pulling all correct data accurately and achieving customer needs. Develops reports and extracts from multiple data sources determining best source of data. Assists Applications Report Writer 2 in creating specifications as needed.
Key to Sutter's business plan, the role of Sutter Health Information Technology is to make electronic data and communications available to Sutter Health employees, providers and patients to support the health and well-being of the community, enhance patient care and safety, and improve business processes and performance. Information Technology's (IT) key approaches to meet these needs consists of the Applications, Telecommunications, Project Management, Web, and Technology. We continue to review IT optimization across our affiliates, regions and entire enterprise.
A Bachelor of Arts degree or Bachelor of Science degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience, is required. Certification is desired.
· Experience with data repository design and maintenance and database administration and complex reporting analysis as typically acquired in 6 to 8 years. · Technical and/or business experience.
· Demonstrated increasingly responsible professional growth.
· Strong problem and issue resolution experience.
· Proficient at specifying user requirements.
· Healthcare experience is preferred.
· Expert knowledge of databases.
· Knowledge of industry standards to support business requirements.
· Knowledge of health care operations and structure, general requirements in an integrated delivery system, and use of information system applications in the practicing health care environment is desired.
· Thorough understanding of hospital inpatient, clinic outpatient operations, and/or financial software along with understanding the technical environment of product lines for which they are responsible.
· Certification in report writing tools as appropriate to position is desired.
· Strong technical skills in report writing and reporting tools required, such as Oracle, SQL, Crystal, Business Objects or other reporting tools.
· Ability to be involved in multiple projects at the same time.
· Good organization skills; ability to prioritize multiple activities and objectives in a rapidly changing environment, and deliver quality service.
· Work closely with health care application users, vendors, and technical professionals.
· Committed to providing exceptional customer service and responding to user needs in a prompt, courteous manner.
· Proven leadership skills.
· Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
· Strong written, verbal and presentation skills with the ability to communicate complex technical issues in terms clearly understood by technical and non-technical audiences.
· Proficient at writing specifications for programmers as needed for reports / extracts requiring programming.
· Good knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and presentation computer programs, preferably Microsoft.
· Strong collaboration and consulting skills.
· Self motivated, self-directed and independent thinking as well as an effective team player.
· Ability to take the most highly complex problems, requirements, or strategies; research solutions and take from concept to implementation for desired outcomes.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:IT-Support/Administration jobs in Sacramento, CA
View similar jobs:
Applications Analyst 3 - Discovery
SutterHealth - Sacramento, CA
Robert Half Technology - Stockton, CA
Technical Analyst 2
SutterHealth - Sacramento, CA
Locate this job: