Behavioral Health Director - Administration (Full Time - Days) Job Listing at SutterHealth in Sacramento, CA
The Director of Behavioral Health is an essential member of the leadership team at Sutter Center for Psychiatry requiring strong working knowledge of evidence based clinical practices as well as a proven track record of program development and implementation. The individual will display the ability to work closely with all team members, be an effective communicator and maintain strong organizational skills. The individual will be responsible for the overall oversight of the clinical programs including, but not limited to, psychological services, social work services, utilization management, program development and implementation, Joint Commission and Regulatory Compliance, interface supported integrated primary care program and providers; and overall program growth. The individual will demonstrate complete professionalism, including trustworthiness, listening skills, presentation skills and upholding integrity and compliance at all times.
Sutter Center for Psychiatry is a 69 bed spacious freestanding acute psychiatric hospital located in the heart of Sacramento. At SCP, we place the patient first and always. We treat all individuals with compassion, dignity and respect while empowering and encouraging patients and families through our unique culture of recovery model. This mission, combined with our motto of “Reaching New Heights” allows SCP to continue to evolve and be the select provider of choice for both patients and healthcare professionals all throughout Northern California.
We employ a team of highly dedicated first class staff at SCP who are focused on providing world class service-including caring and encouragement to all of our children, adolescent, and adult patients and their families. Our warm, nurturing environment and robust atmosphere in both our Inpatient and Outpatient Programs has led us to deliver consistent effective patient outcomes and exemplary patient satisfaction scores.
The Director of Behavioral Health shall be the behavioral health professional of the organization that reviews, develops, initiates, manages and monitors all therapeutic programs and projects in collaboration with staff of SCP and SCC. The incumbent will participate in research and academic publishing activities. The incumbent will assist in the development of therapeutic trainings and development of resources to provide best practice and evidenced-based treatment. This will include oversight of psychology and social work practicum, internship training and program oversight. The incumbent will have responsibilities and oversight associated with grant writing and development. The incumbent will be responsive to and responsible for providing feedback to any Medical Staff or Hospital committee that oversees the therapeutic care of patients and/or performance improvement activities, and will participate in activities during and in preparation for all accreditation, licensing, or other surveys. Other duties may be required or assigned by the Chief Administrative Officer.
MINIMUM POSITION REQUIREMENTS
Master’s in Social Work (must be licensed or licensed eligible by the California Department of Consumer Affairs, Board of Behavioral Sciences (BBS), as in LCSW; or Doctorate in psychology or behavioral analysis and license to practice psychology or social work in the state of California or eligible for licensing ; or Master’s of Business, Health, or Public Administration.
· At least seven years of experience in the in behavioral health field inclusive of three years in an inpatient facility preferred; and a minimum of 5 years managerial experience
· Experience in providing project management in multiple facilities or programs simultaneously
· Demonstrated leadership ability in the areas of initiating program assessment and implementing quality program enhancements utilizing evidence-based practices.
· The proven ability to design & manage therapeutic programs.
· An understanding of the operations and finances to successfully manage therapeutic programs that are financially viable while still putting the patient first.
· Working knowledge of positive behavioral supports and family system.
· Knowledge of best practices and evidenced-based treatments for mental and behavioral health.
· Special Skills/Equipment:
· Ability to work with a wide range of psychiatric treatment issues.
· Must be able to work in collaboration and interface with interdisciplinary teams.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Business/Mgmt. jobs in Sacramento, CA
View similar jobs:
Senior Program Associate - Global Philanthropy - California
J.P. Morgan Chase - CA, California
Sacramento, CA Jobs
FREMONT CONSULTING - Sacramento, CA
Bed Bath & Beyond - Sacramento, CA
Locate this job: