Apply on Company Website
The Compensation Analyst provides analytical and technical support in research and business case development, planning, execution and/ or administration of compensation programs for Sutter Health and its affiliates. Performs a wide variety of statistical analyses and special studies and recommends organization response/ action. Performs project/ program communication and project/ program coordination between departments/ divisions/ affiliates. Researches new laws and regulations and – based on the potential impact – recommends appropriate department or organization action relative to compensation programs and communication.
- Job Evaluation and Technical Support
- Analytical support for projects and ad-hoc reporting needs
- Actively Manages Key Aspects of Assigned Projects
- Salary Planning
- Training Initiatives and Consulting Support
A bachelor's degree in Human Resources or Business Administration or a related field or the equivalent in education and pertinent and related work experience is required. CCP certification is preferred. Experience:
- Project management experience is required.
- Experience researching, implementing and administering diverse compensation programs, processes, and policies is strongly desired.
- Prior experience working in an independent decision-making role, functioning with minimum supervision is required.
- Experience working with HRIS is required, preferably Lawson.
- Healthcare experience helpful, as is experience working in a highly matrixed environment.
- A working knowledge of compensation program design and implementation required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of federal and state regulations and laws affecting the administration of compensation is required.
- Awareness of job evaluation methodologies/ concepts is required, preferably Hay.
- Knowledge of current trends/ issues in the healthcare industry and related implications for compensation systems is desired.
- Must have demonstrated ability to work effectively with a diverse group of HR management and staff and to effectively exert influence skills to achieve desired outcome results.
- Strong spreadsheet, word processing, presentation and data base computer skills are required.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, the ability to draw valid conclusions, prepare effective written reports and formulate sound recommendations is required.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail is required.
- Required are strong verbal/ written communication and presentation skills including the ability to present information in a clear and concise manner to staff at all levels (including administrative, management and employees).
- Strong organization abilities, the ability to work independently, maintain a balance of work priorities and complete assignments within established timeframes is required.
- Requires excellent meeting facilitation skills.
- A collaborative working style and the ability to develop strong and effective working relationships across all areas and levels of the organization are required.
- Requires the ability to communicate complex compensation issues to HR and Non-HR management/ staff.