Instrument Technician -OR -MPSH (per diem) Job Listing at SutterHealth in Redwood City, CA
The Palo Alto Medical Foundation (PAMF) is a not-for-profit, community-based multispecialty group practice of medicine. PAMF patients are cared for by the more than 1,000 physicians from the four historic medical groups affiliated with PAMF: Camino, Palo Alto, Santa Cruz and Mills-Peninsula. PAMF provides care to patients at its clinics and medical centers throughout Alameda, San Mateo, Santa Clara and Santa Cruz counties. Collectively, we do our utmost to enhance the well-being of the people in our communities through compassion, excellence and innovation.
To learn more about Palo Alto Medical Foundation visit our website at http://www.pamf.org/.
Works under the direction of the OR Manager. Responsible for decontamination and processing of all instrumentation used in the OR. Ensures that instrumentation and supplies are available for procedures. Responsible for logs and documentation of autoclaves and steris machine.
Education / Certification:High school graduate or equivalent; One year of experience in decontamination in a hospital based operating room or central supply. Preferred: Certification or licensure as decontamination/processing technician and/or surgical technician. Certification: BLS for health care providers is required.
· Safe, proper handling and cleaning of surgical instruments and equipment. Able to
follow instructions (such as manufacturer recommended guidelines, directives from charge nurse).
· Industry standards related to sterilization practices and principles.
· The names of instruments, functionality, maintenance requirements, processing requirement and the intended appropriate use.
· Medical terminology.
· The use of appropriate personal protective equipment.
· Managing blood born pathogen exposure and other Infection Control Policies.
· Working in a controlled environment, and what it means to have a negative pressure air flow for example.
· Problem solving techniques with respect to problems that arise with preparation, processing and the provision of instruments and equipment.
· Proper body mechanics for lifting, pushing, and pulling heavy instruments and carts.
· (general) Regulatory guidelines such as: OSHA, JCAHO, DSH, APIC, AORN, AMI and other instrument processing and sterilization standards, which relate to the job.
· Appropriate vendor interaction to includes: ordering supplies and instruments; handling just in time deliveries of loaner instrumentation, managing the repair and replacement of faulty or missing equipment; other repairs maintenance.
· This position requires the staff member to be able to communicate clearly and effectively with coworkers and charge staff, and to be able to detail issues related to the work clearly and timely to others, because the work relates directly to patient safety.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Healthcare jobs in San Jose, CA
View similar jobs:
Medical Representative - California Region
Amazon - Patterson, CA
Instructors per diem
American Medical Response - Livermore, CA
Rite Aid - Livermore, CA
Locate this job: