Project Manager 2– Laboratory Information System (LIS) – Sunquest Lab Job Listing at SutterHealth in Sacramento, CA
Project Manager is responsible to lead and manage technical analysis and business process analysis required for the support and development of Laboratory Information Systems. Coordinate activities with other areas of the organization and with internal and external customers. They will also consult with customers on system use and act as mentor to support analysts
Manages approved projects that have varying level of complexity in nature from conception through completion to include scope, time, and cost. May also be assigned to manage approved projects that are less complex in nature from conception through completion with the support and direction of a functional manager and/or lead. Provides leadership to project team and junior members of project management and project coordinators. Accountable for adhering to the Sutter Health Project Methodology Standards – Tools and Processes.
Responsible for the management of several small projects and/or 1-3 medium size projects of moderate complexity. Project teams are smaller in size and resources are either inner department and/or only cross one service line. Responsible for overall coordination, status reporting and stability of project oriented work efforts. Establishes and implements project management processes and methodologies for the IT community to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to high quality standards and meet customer expectations. Responsible for assembling project plans and teamwork assignments, directing and monitoring work efforts on a daily basis, identifying resource needs, performing quality review; and escalating functional, quality, timeline issues appropriately. Responsible for tracking key project milestones and adjusting project plans and/or resources to meet the needs of customers. Coordinates communication with other teams and customers as needed in relation to impacts of the scope, budget, risk and resources of the work effort being managed.
Must possess knowledge and experience in the use of project management methodologies and tools, resource management practices and change management techniques. Works under general direction of mid to senior level management or Project Manager 3.
Key to Sutter's business plan, the role of Sutter Health Information Services is to make electronic data and communications available to Sutter Health employees, providers and patients to support the health and well-being of the community, enhance patient care and safety, and improve business processes and performance. Information Services (IS) key approaches to meet these needs consist of the Applications, Telecommunications, Project Management, Web, and Technology. We continue to review IS optimization across our affiliates, regions and entire enterprise.
Bachelor's degree is Business or Computer Science required OR equivalent combination of relevant experience and education. PMP Certification strongly preferred.
Ideal candidate will have extensive experience with Sunquest and strong people management skills. The candidate will have experience in a clinical laboratory setting.
- Five plus (5+) years supervisory, management or related experience.
- Five (5) years experience with Sunquest LIS and associated modules.
- Expertise in Sunquest Lab
· Relevant work experience as typically acquired in 3 to 5 years.
· Knowledge of general Project Management Book of Knowledge (PMBOK), project management methodologies and/or Sutter Health’s project methodology and project management methodology.
· Demonstrated experience using Project Management software tools.
· Experience with MS Project.
· Intermediate MS Word, SharePoint and MS Excel.
· Experience in the healthcare industry is desired.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Communicate complex concepts and ideas effectively to all levels within the organization.
· Ability to manage complex projects (ie. number of resources, functional areas, time requirements, and the organizational experience of the subject).
· Ability to develop, create and deliver presentations to all levels within the organization.
· Use higher level concepts to maintain schedule within Project Server (ie earned value and critical path, PERT).
· High level analytical and problem solving skills.
· Proven ability to meet deadlines.
· Ability to complete projects in a timely manner with little supervision or direction.
- Project Management skills and familiarity with Project Management tools
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Software Dev. - General/IT jobs in Sacramento, CA
View similar jobs:
Sr. Software Engineer
Robert Half Technology - Sacramento, CA
Kelly Services - Folsom, CA
SQL Database Programmer
Kelly Services - Folsom, CA
Locate this job: