Project Planning Specialist 3 Job Listing at SutterHealth in Sacramento, CA (Job ID SHIS-1215772)
Coordinates a cross-functional team of Technical and System resources. These resources cover areas that include, but are not limited to, hardware platforms, networking, support, operations, and application interfacing. Designs, implements, evaluates and audits project management processes and templates, and based on customer feedback, creates and/or revises best practice methodology as appropriate. Key IS program management responsibilities are to oversee a portfolio of projects, including defining and implementing work plans and key milestone policies and procedures – establishing appropriate levels of detail for work plan definition, milestone tracking, work plan maintenance and status reporting. Serves as a resource to project managers and project leaders to educate and assist them with implementing project management processes and making improvement/changes. Provides administrative support to project managers and project leaders as needed. Organizes and publishes project-related documentation in various sources.
Key to Sutter's business plan, the role of Sutter Health Information Services is to make electronic data and communications available to Sutter Health employees, providers and patients to support the health and well-being of the community, enhance patient care and safety, and improve business processes and performance. Information Technology's (IT) key approaches to meet these needs consists of the Applications, Telecommunications, Project Management, Web, and Technology. We continue to review IT optimization across our affiliates, regions and entire enterprise.
**** Extensive MS Project Server 2007 and/or Project Server 2010 experience is required.***
Creates the appropriate timeline and milestones to meet project plan deliverables. Provides ongoing advice and guidance to Project Managers with regard to their projects as well as key region/service line throughout the project life cycle. Provides ongoing advice and guidance to key region/service line throughout the portfolio planning cycle. Consults with region leaders and service line leaders to recommend project plan architecture for the region or service line. Influences key leaders to adopt appropriate project management and portfolio planning methodology. Develops training materials on how to use project management tools and methodology. Delivers training on how to use project management tools and methodology. Develops, manages, and maintains the technical aspects of a given project. Scope and participation includes development and management of the project plan or associated work plans. Maintains the work plan implementation. Manages and oversees the team and design of the technical aspects of the project assigned. Assists in the development of the work plans, risk assessments, review materials, and other project documentation in a timely manner. Works closely with other team members to develop detailed and realistic work plans; assists in managing project timelines; and takes appropriate actions to ensure task dates do not slip. Extensive MS Project Server 2007 and/or Project Server 2010 experience is required.
A BA/BS in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or the equivalent combination of education and experience required. PMP Certification desired.
· Relevant work experience as typically acquired in 6 to 8 years.
· Knowledge of general Project Management Book of Knowledge (PMBOK), project management methodologies and/or Sutter Health’s project methodology and project management methodology.
· Thorough understanding of current trends and strategies in healthcare and their application to information technologies is desired.
· Demonstrated experience using Project Management software tools.
· Experience with MS Project.
· Intermediate MS Word, SharePoint and MS Excel.
· Experience in the healthcare industry is desired.
· Communicate complex concepts and ideas effectively to all levels within the organization.
· Manage large complex projects (ie. number of resources, functional areas, time requirements, and the organizational experience of the subject).
· Develop, create and deliver presentations to all levels within the organization.
· Use higher level concepts to maintain schedule within Project Server (ie earned value and critical path, PERT).
· High level analytical and problem solving skills.
· Proven ability to meet deadlines.
· Independent, self-starter attitude with the ability to complete projects in a timely manner with little supervision or direction.
· Ability to influence others without direct lines of authority.
· Requires forward thinking to identify potential issues and/or risks to resolve or minimize in advance.
· Handle multiple projects at one time.
· Exceptional organizational skills with ability to handle multiple priorities and adapt to change.
· Collaborative working style and ability to develop/sustain productive work relationships with key stakeholders across all areas and levels of the organization as well as external consultants.
· Demonstrated ability to continuously learn and improve understanding of project methodology and tools.
· Solid understanding of OLAP Cubes, SRS reporting and database structures.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Software Dev. - General/IT jobs in Sacramento, CA
View similar jobs:
Android Graphics Driver Developer at Folsom, CA
Spectraforce - Folsom, CA
Chair, School of Information Technology
ITT Educational Services, Inc. - Rancho Cordova, CA
Robert Half Technology - Sacramento, CA
Locate this job: